8. ...Always nice

I wake up by the sound of some giggles. I pry my eyes open and I freeze as I notice I'm lying on Jack's lap. I glance at the tv screen and he's watching Friends.

"Whoa, hey." He looks down at me.

I instantly rub the sleep out of my eyes and sit up. "What time is it?" I yawn. "We were watching Grown Ups Two..."

"Well, you kind of fell asleep in the middle of the movie." He chuckles and checks his watch. "What time are your parents coming?" He asks.

"My mom comes at like seven in the morning. She has night shift." I reply. "What time is it?" I ask again.

"Two."

"Oh my God." I yawn. I cover my legs with a blanket and stare at the tv not paying attention to what's going on.

"Are you mad?" He turns to me.

"What? No. I'm just sleepy. That's all." I say. "How did you get here anyways?"

"Stella gave me your address. Johnson convinced her to give it to me. She kind of... didn't want to." He chuckles.

"Yeah... maybe you wanted to kidnap me or something like that." I giggle.

"Guilty as charged." He shrugs smiling at me.

"I have some salmon on the fridge but it's not enough for the both of us." I say.

"I was thinking on going to Tommy's, actually."

"Tommy's like, the chili burguers-Tommy's?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah." He nods. "Have you tried them?"

"Thanks for the food." I say as we're going back to my house. I wonder if he's going to stay the night or not. What about his parents?

"No problem." He says.

"So... Um, has Nicole talked to you?" I awkwardly ask. I mentally scold myself for asking such stupid question.

"She called twice." Is all he says.

Oh.

I decide to stay silent.

"I didn't pick up because I didn't wanna wake you up." He grips the steering wheel with such strength his veins are visible.

"Oh I'm—"

"Don't say you're sorry." He looks at me. "She's the one who should be." His eyes focus back to the road. How did he know.

"Are we going to smoke before we eat?" I ask.

"If you want to." He smiles to himself.

"It has been helping me relax. I've been so upset after all that crap happened."

"Are you going to forgive him?" He asks.

Should I be giving him such information?

"I don't know." I murmur.

He stays silent.

"What about Nico—"

"I don't know." He abruptly interrupts. "I love her so much... Plus God only knows if she wants to amend things or if she'll stay with him."

"Truth." I say.

"Mmmm..." Jack pauses to think, "worst date ever." He smirks.

"I was at this party and this guy got so drunk he spilled beer on me but I decided to give him another chance but he kept falling asleep in the middle of our conversation. So I ordered a lyft because I really wanted to leave and he came running out the house to stop me..." I begin to laugh.