19. Will love tear us apart?

BECCA'S POV
I pull my phone out of my purse to text Jackson an apology for ghosting him these past few days. I thought this time was gonna be a time for me to chill out a little bit but my mind took me to places I've never been and I don't want to be ever again.

Gilinsky has been driving this entire time and has been talking with Nicole who's riding next to him. I'm being miserable in the back third wheeling with my best friend and his boyfriend. Recurring memories from yesterday with Nate come to my mind and send shivers down my spine. I know he was drunk but I really don't think he was that drunk to not remember what happened. I don't even know if I want to talk to him. I think I just want to get home as soon as possible and stay trapped in my bedsheets eating my mom's food.

Before I know it, I take off my earphones to speak. "Can I be the first one to drop please?" I ask Jack and he glances me back through the rear view mirror. Nicole grabs her phone to scroll past every post on her instagram. Fake ass.

"All good?" He asks looking back to the road.

"Y-yeah." I fake smile hoping he buys it.

"Okay." He lowers his voice. "If you wanna come to Sammy's later you're welcome." He says after a brief moment and that catches Nicole's attention because she stops scrolling.

"Thanks." I say getting Nicole to turn to look at me which I completely ignore by looking out the window and drift into sleep.

I hear a beep from afar but I can't seem to decipher what is it. Is it my own mind? Is anyone yelling at me? My mom perhaps? I jump from my bed with my eyes wide open. I turn to my nightstand and check the time. 10:48, shit. I barely remember getting home last night. I've been so tired since the wedding happened I don't know if it's a mental thing or if I'm actually physically tired.

I check my notifications and they're flooded with Stella's messages. I text her back and she answers immediately.

Stella: all of us are going to grab lunch at sunset. Wanna come?

Becca: is nate going cuz I don't wanna talk to him rn

Stella: maybe?? Ugh please :(

Stella: I'm gonna be with you I promise

Becca: I just feel like I don't belong there.

Stella: Come on that's not true

Stella: Sam and Stas are asking if you're gonna come, please join us, it'll be fun

I sigh before agreeing on going. I feel like pure shit as I just realize I'm just a side on everybody's life. I was a side on Nolan's plate and now I'm a fucking side on Jack's and I know that I agreed to this no strings attached type of shit but with that smile and that sense of humor and abs I don't think there's a fucking soul on this Earth who hasn't fell for him already. Fucking greek god looking ass guy. I hate him. I hate Nicole. I hate Nate. I hate me.

I hop out of my lyft and enter the fancy restaurant. I get some vibes similar to when Jack and I went out to eat in West Hollywood and we fucked later that day. I try to contain myself to not laugh at my own thoughts. This anxiety is fucking killing me.

I walk to where the guys are and Nate's face is the one I spot first.

"Hey! You came!" Kelsey greets me from her seat and instantly distracts me from my thoughts.

"Yeah." I try my best to smile. I turn around to glance at everyone and I notice that neither Jack or Nicole are present. I wonder why. A little ache comes to my stomach as I picture them being together all lovey dovey.