9. The hotbox mood

I've never been the type of person who fights people over stupid things but my problem has always been that it's hard for me to differ when a situation is stupid and when it is not. Anyways, fighting people for me seems like a waste of energy and the same happens when I get mad at someone... I just let my feelings go and do not keep anything from anybody.

But when I see Nicole...

I feel anger fill up my stomach because she knew. She fucking knew and she let my ex boyfriend fuck her while I believed he loved me. Somehow she managed to get Jack back with her which frustrates me because he's all blinded by love and nobody deserves to be in that position. His friend betrayed him with his girlfriend, how could he get back with her? I wonder if miserable Nolan knows... Or if he even cares.

Right now, we all are watching Jack and Nicole coming to where we are because luckily they spotted us across the street.

"JJ I thought you said Jack was into—"

Johnson elbows Stella to shut her up which she does.

"Hey guys." Jack smiles to all of us and quickly makes eye contact with me.

I shift in my seat. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Hey." Nicoles greets all of us while she holds one of Jack arms.

I glance at Stella and she quickly looks at me as if trying to tell me something.

"So... what are you guys doing?" Johnson asks and by the look on his face I can tell he knows how uncomfortable this is... Specially for me.

"Oh, we made up and Jack decided to take me shopping." She smiles lifting up her bags. She looks down at me. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We were just—"

"Third wheeling?" She laughs slightly interrupting me.

"Yeah... I'll go to the bathroom." I stand up and snap towards Stella who's standing up too.

"Let's go." Stella smiles.

"Oh my God. She's so fucking annoying." Stella groans as we're walking to the bathroom.

"I want to rip her fucking face off. She thinks she's all that." I say.

"Why is Jack with her? Ugh, the man is so dumb."

"Yeah, I don't get that either." I pause. "Did you see how he looked at me? Like, he stared silently at me the whole time."

Stella's phone buzzes in her jean pocket.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"JJ. Wait a second." She answers. "What's up... Oh... Okay... Are the girls gonna be there too?... Cool... Yeah, we'll meet you at the parking lot. Bye." She hangs up.

"So...?"

"Sam's having this party at his place. Johnson didn't know but Sammy called him and apparently we're all going." She pauses as she looks the sad look on my face. "Hey. Come on. You're not gonna be sad the whole time. You have me. Plus, maybe there are some cute guys over there, huh?" She pats my shoulder.

"Yeah." I say. "But I don't want to be involved in any relationship. Not now. And the new friendship I thought I found has an evil girlfriend."

"Jack is such a dick. I thought he was into you? Johnson hasn't told me anything by the way. But shut up." She says before she and I get into the car and head to the party.

As all of the houses I've been to lately, this one is not left behind. I can't believe two young guys live alone in this huge place. Where the hell are their parents anyway?