eight

The vampires and the girls ran into the foyer of the castle

The vampires and the girls ran into the foyer of the castle. The boys all held their respective girl by their hand. They each met in the center of the foyer. Mr. Jaemin stared each boy in the eyes, telepathically sending them what they had to do. They each nodded their heads and looked at the girls.

"We're in danger. If you want to remain safe, you must listen carefully." Each of the girls gulped as they heard Ten speak, "There is a shed at the end of the forest, way behind the Manor: run there. Don't take too long or she will get to you. When you get there, push every piece of furniture in front of the door and pray that everything will be okay."

The girls' eyes went wide as they heard the instructions they were given. Mr. Jaemin stepped forward and looked at Nana, "Fill them in once you get there... on everything, leave no part out."

Mark stepped in front of Myunghee and conjured a flower crown for her. Sarang, Minji, Sunhee and Yohanna all gasped at the sight of the boy's power. They still had no idea about them being vampires, "Wear this at all times, Myunghee. This is the only way to keep you alive."

She nodded her head as he kissed her forehead and placed it on top of her hair. Mark then turned around and began directing the boys, "Winwin and Chenle, go tell our guest our night has been cut short and that they must leave right now. Tell them it's here and that we need them to leave for their safety."

The youths nodded their heads. Chenle let go of Sunhee's hand, "You'll be okay, just do everything you've been told." Sunhee nodded her head and watched as he ran away.

Winwin stared at Yohanna and kissed her cheek, "Do you believe in fate?" Yohanna nodded her head, "Then know that everything will be okay."

Mark then looked at Ten and Donghyuck, "Go lock every door in the Manor, I don't want a single door open. The guest can flash home, they don't need a door."

The boys nodded their heads and ran off to secure every door, "Jaemin, go get the protection amulets from the main study."

Mark turned to the girls and smirked, "This isn't by coincidence, that I picked you all. You have something that we need... when the time comes, you'll figure out how you can help us. A few of you already know why you're here. Now go, leave and run as fast as you can, don't stop until you get to the shed. I'll conjure a few blankets for you so you can keep warm. Go!"

The girls ran out the Manor's door and began running towards the shed. Their feet ached as they ran and their heels made them sink into the muddy grass, "Take them off!" Nana yelled as they all briefly stopped and grabbed their heels and ran with them in their hands. Their dresses became ugly shades of brown as they ran in the mud and overgrown weeds that the back of the Manor housed. They continued running as they knew their lives depended on it.