Chapter 1 | | Athanasia's Débutante

It was night time as the wind flows past me as my horse runs at a quick pace.

Arlene will have eventually find out that I'm not on the palace grounds and have sent out assasins to finally kill me off since I'm no where near the Empire.

"Yah!" I shout as I whip the reins on my horse. The horse runs faster until a larger Empire came into view.

The Obelian Empire.

I pull on the reins making my horse come to a stop. He neighs and looks at me as I get off.

"What're you looking at?" I squint. "Just because I stole you, doesn't mean I'm giving you back."

"Good. I hated that stable anyway," the horse neighs.

"Huh!?" I stumble back. "D-Did you just talk!?"

"No I can't, I'm just some random horse you stole, that you think can talk," the horse rolls it's eyes. "Yes, yes! I can talk you idiot!"

"Hey watch it!" I exclaim. "But, how can you-"

"Talk?" the horse finishes my sentence. "That's all on you baby."

"What do you mean? That I'm crazy and what I'm doing will most likely get me killed?" I suggest.

"No! Well yeah, you are crazy, but no that's not the reason why," the horse says. "Well, your mana is growing day by day. Making you stronger. The stronger you get, the more control you'll have."

"But what are you then?" I ask.

"If I recall correctly; I am you're divine animal. I'm am what your magic takes form of. I was born when your body couldn't handle all that magic stored in."

"Wow!" I say, eyes widen. "Does that mean I'm a magician!?"

"I don't know," the horse neighs. "I'm just a talking horse." 
¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

"Fine." I wave my hand dismissively. "I'll leave you here for a few minutes okay?"

"So you can speak to the Emperor of the Obelian Empire?" the horse asks.

"How did you-"

"Eh, good guess. But you probably shouldn't do it now," the horse says.

"Why not?" I ask. "Now's the perfect time-"

"It's his daughter's débutante today." the horse answers. "You should probably wait a few hours."

"A few hours!?" I exclaim.

"Or you can always go in now and have you're head chopped off; your choice," the horse chuckles.

"Fine." I pout, taking a seat on a rock. The horse and I talk for a few hours and I find out his name is Carl.

- A Few Hours Later -

"So he said he liked me but I was like-"

"Hey!" Carl neighs. "The guests are leaving."