Chapter 9 | | Mystery Man

I eventually forgive Lucas for not holding my hand and losing me in the crowd. We wonder around some more and ended up in an area where caged birds are kept. I wasn't keen on seeing birds so I leave and wander to the jewelry stands.

I see Jennette standing and talking to a man in black clothes with black hair

I see Jennette standing and talking to a man in black clothes with black hair. He smiles, says a few words then-

Points to a blue ribbon Jennette had given him. The ribbon twinkles in an odd pink color.

I take a step closer, trying to get a good look at his face and when I do, all the air in my lungs disappear. He was GORGEOUS! He's quite handsome for someone dark and mysterious. Jennette doesn't seem to notice the twinkle on the ribbon. I squint trying to hear what they say to no avail. 

Just as I'm leaving, I take a final look at the beautiful guy and that's when we make eye contact! He breaks into a very cute grin which makes my knees weak. I don't get it. Why was I so attracted to this random guy?

I turn away - face red, and decide to head back to Lucas and Athanasia

I turn away - face red, and decide to head back to Lucas and Athanasia. That's when I see Athanasia leaving a strange shop. I walk up to her and she stares at me with unsure eyes.

"Ariel . . ." Athanasia says in a low voice. She comes closer to me and whispers, "That shop I just came out of."

"What happened?" I whisper back. "Did anyone hurt you?"

"No . . . it's about dark magic." Athanasia says, looking at me with worried eyes. "The old guy in the store, who was formally a dark magician said that, 'If you conceive a child through dark magic, it will without a doubt be cursed . . .'"

My mind immediately jumps to Jennette. I give Athanasia a look and she nods knowing that I was thinking of Jennette. "Yeah, it's her."

We stand in silence lost in thought about Jennette being cursed.

"Did you girls explore to your heart's content?" Lucas asks, handing the two of us an ice cream cone. "What's with the stern looks?"

"Uh . . . We're just really tired!" I lie, taking a lick of my ice cream. "Right Athanasia?"

"Um, yes!" Athanasia agrees, taking a lick out of her ice cream.

"Then we're heading back now," Lucas says, clasping my free hand with his. "And this time you're not letting go."

My face flushes realizing that Lucas was holding my hand and not letting go.

*SHWP!*

- Back In Athanasia's Room -

Athanasia's room appears as another clone of Athanasia and I come to welcome us back.

"A doppelganger!?" Athanasia exclaims, examining her clone.

"Nonsense, I just made a doll before we left," Lucas shrugs. I let go of Lucas's hand and went to examine my own doll/clone.

I touched her reddish hair and stared into her green eyes (or should I say my hair and my green eyes). I touch my clone's face and realized how beautiful I was!

"Hm," I squint judging myself on my looks. "She's alright."

"What do you mean?" Athanasia giggles. "It's almost like the real thing!"

"Actually, no." I disagree, throwing a quick glance at Lucas. "I'm much prettier than her."

"Of-" Lucas pauses mid sentence. He must have seen through my trick!

"Hm? What was that Lucas?" I smirk. "I couldn't hear you. Could you repeat that again?"

Lucas looks away as Athanasia giggles away. Lucas turns, looks at me, then smirks. He snaps his fingers and our clones disappeared. "Hey! I wasn't done staring!" Athanasia exclaims.

"As expected, even though a bit uglier it's better than the fake one," Lucas says, turning away. "I'm leaving.

WHAT!? WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPLIMENT!?
(; ̄Д ̄)

- Near The Lake; Training -

It was time for me to train with Felix and he had suggested that we train near the lake. Especially since Athanasia was going on a boat ride with one of the girls and he had to keep an eye on her.

We train near the lake as the girls squeal in Felix's presence. At the corner of my eye I see Jennette and Athanasia talking happily. Just then Jennette hands Athanasia a small box, beautifully wrapped.

I lose my footing on the edge of the lake and fall backwards into the lake. "AH!?"

"Princess!" Felix drops his sword and runs to my aid. He gracefully grabs my waist and pulls me towards him. My head rests on Felix's chest as he has arms around me.

"KYAAAAA!!!"

The girls watching in the distance squeal in admiration. "Sir Felix and Princess Ariel both look like something out of a fairy tale!!!"

"Uh . . ." Felix turns away; face bright red. He leads me safely onto land and quickly apologizes. "T-This is all my fault! I should have never suggested that we train near the lake! P-Please forgive me Princess!" Felix bows still flustered.

Felix is such a sweetheart. He cares so much of one's safety, I couldn't help but smile. I squat down to Felix's face and tap his head. He looks up at me and I tap his nose.

"There's nothing to apologize," I grin, picking up my sword. I draw it at Felix's head. "As long as I have you near me, no harm will come my way."

Felix lifts his head up and stares at me. "Really Princess? Am I really the one you're sure that harm won't come your way?"

I grin, picking up Felix's sword. I hand it to him, blade faced down as he takes it with a small smile. "I'll protect you no matter what, Princess."

"He's so dreamy!!!"

"Promising to protect the Princess! I mean who wouldn't want to be protected by someone like that!"

"AH! SO HAWT!"

I roll my eyes; ignoring the girls, as Felix and I continue practicing, just this time, a little further from the lake!

To Be Continued . . .

- ◇ E n d ◇ -
o f
C h a p t e r
9
| |
M y s t e r y
M a n

- - ♡ - -