Chapter 11 | | Mirror Mirror

I wake up the next day feeling energetic than ever! I jump out of bed and opened my balcony doors letting the beautiful sunlight shine into my room. The sunlight glistens on both the rings Lucas and Ijekiel had given me. Both of the rings were on the same finger. My right ring finger.

I smile, thinking of the memories I had shared with Lucas and Ijekiel. "Hello Princess!" Felix calls out from below; waving.
I wave back with a bright smile. "See you downstairs!?" I shout from above.

 "See you downstairs!?" I shout from above

"Of course Princess!" Felix shouts back. I give Felix a smile as I head back into my room to change out of my clothes. My mind then wandered off to Felix. He was such a kind, sweet person, and to know that he's dangerous behind a blade makes him more intriguing.

Then there's Claude. He's still the same cold person he was when we first met. He may be could cold at times but he eventually opens up a side which I find is cute.

Thinking about these guys makes my heartbeat quicken. I shake out the thoughts of the guys as I quickly put on my training clothes. I take one finally look at myself in the mirror, and I don't see my reflection!?

But instead in front of me a reflection of a young girl in her 20's looks at me with sad eyes. Her head's all bandaged up as if she was in an accident. She lifts her head up staring at me with her brown eyes. A scream leaves my mouth as I slip and fall onto the ground.

N-N-No! This can't be! Is-Is that Ryla Choi!? - Isn't that my past body!?

Maybe I'm hallucinating? Maybe dreaming? I frantically look back at my "old" self in the mirror as she/I mouths the words, "Wake up . . ."

"AHH!!!" I scream even louder. This isn't a dream, it's real! I shut my eyes and cover my ears, tears overtaking my vision.

"Princess!!!" Felix exclaims, bursting and breaking down my door. "What's wrong!? Where are they!? Who hurt you!?"

"Felix . . ." I sniffle. I point towards my vanity. "There's something in the mirror."

Felix goes silent for a moment then says, "Princess, there's nothing."

"What!?" I jump up and slam my hands on the vanity. "Where are you!? Come out!"

"Princess there's nothing in mirror!" Felix quickly embraces me before I punch the mirror. "Please, you must have had a rough night, or a bad dream. We should probably cancel today's training . . ."

"What no!" I argue. "There's no need to cancel-"

"I'm only doing this for you, Princess," Felix firmly says. His arms tighten around my waist as he gives me a hug. "Just today, promise me you'll take it easy Princess?"

I nod lightly. With that, Felix quietly closes my door, leaving my room without saying another word. I jerk my head back to the vanity and only see my reflection. "You." I mutter glaring at the vanity's mirror. "I'm going to find what you are."

I turn my back and walked out to my balcony. I flip myself so I was now sitting at the edge of the balcony railing. Then I hopped down. I land gracefully in the grass and hear a noise nearby.

*STEP*

I whip my head around and find Claude staring at me blankly. "Felix just told me what happened. Who was that in you room?"

Felix told Claude!? I can't tell him that I saw my "old" self, he won't believe me! I have to muster up some lie that would be believable. "I thought I saw someone behind me in the mirror! Yeah, I thought I saw someone, turns out it was my imagination!" I lie.

Claude sighs. "Take the day off and rest. I know you want to end the problem with Arlene, but it'll take time." Claude touches my cheek.

I open my mouth trying to object, but no words come out. I place my hand on Claude's, which was on my cheek. "Okay then. I'll do that." Claude nods in satisfaction and leaves. Since I had the day off I wanted to hang out with Athanasia some more. Get to know her, and have a Girl's Day.

I stride to Athy's room and on my way, I hear the maids gossiping past me. But what they were talking about was something I couldn't comprehend.

"Did you hear? The royal magician said he's leaving right now! He's currently saying his goodbyes to the Princess!" one of the maids whisper.

"Where is he going?" the other maid whispers.

"I heard he's going to find this "World Tree thing." the first maid explains.

W-What? Lucas . . . is leaving? Why didn't he tell me? I stagger, leaning against one of the palace's pillar.

"P-Princess!" the two maids see me staggering and came to my aid. "Are you alright!?

My heart ached in many ways knowing the fact that Lucas was leaving and he didn't tell me. I felt betrayed. I though we were friends. Why didn't he tell me!? But that heart ache was quickly replaced with anger. "Where is he?" My voice quivers.

"Princess, is there something wrong?" one of the maids asks. "Is there anything we can get you?"

"No . . . no." I wave my hand dismissively. I lean my head against the pillar, never have I felt such betrayal before.

"Are you sure Princess?" the second maid also asks concernedly.

"Where is Lucas?" My voice grows cold as I pull myself together.

"I-In the Princess' room-"

I cut the maids off by angrily striding off to Athanasia's room with no hesitation whatsoever. Anger and betrayal was plastered on my face as I was fuming. Oh when I get my hands Lucas, he'll wish that he'd never met me.
૮( ᵒ̌。Дᵒ̌ )ა

I reach Athanasia's room and stand silence knowing I was running out of time. Lucas was going to leave any minute. Was I really ready to face Lucas? Behind those doors I hear some shouts.

"Hey! How can you say that!?" Athanasia shouts. "I'm worried because I'm your friend! If Ariel finds you're gone without saying a goodbye, I'm going to be in trouble!"

"I don't want her to worry about someone like me." Lucas coldly replies.

My forehead leans against Athy's door as my vision gets blurry and tear slips down my cheek. My intention was to burst into the room and go all out on Lucas, but I only felt sadness. I see the ring Lucas had given me, glistening on my finger.

In a shaky breath, I take out the ring with one hand and kicked down the door. "AH!" Athanasia screams in surprise. Lucas turns around and see me. With tears flowing, I muster up all the anger I had for Lucas and screamed, "I hate you!!!" I throw his ring right at his head and run off.

Did I feel bad? No. Of course not. He was the one who hurt me.

I run off trying to not to cry as loud to cause any attention, but as I'm running I hear the sound of running footsteps chasing me down.

To Be Continued . . .

- ◇ E n d ◇ -
C h a p t e r
1 1
| |
M i r r o r
M i r r o r

- - ☆ - -