Chapter 3 | | Daughter Unlike Father

Claude carries me to his palace, then to his room, and finally places me down on his couch.

"Would you like anything to drink?" Claude asks. "Anything to eat?"

"Um, I'm kinda hungry for some sweets . . ." I shyly answer.

I didn't expect for him to hear because in a snap of his fingers, maids start bringing in plates of beautiful sweets!

"There you go," Claude says, taking a sip of tea that was just brought in.

"Wow!" I smile, digging into the sweets.

There was long pause of silence until I decide to ask the big important question.

"Where- Where were you all these years?" I mutter, placing down my fork.

Claude pauses for a moment. "Before I had met you in the woods all those years ago, my real purpose there in the woods, was to practice magic."

"Magic? To do what?" I wipe my mouth with a napkin.

"To kill my brother, Anastacius de Alger Obelia," Claude answers coldly.

My eyes widen at this news. "So you lied to me all these years about not wanting to see your mother then?"

"Yes . . ." Claude turns away. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lie to you."

I place my hand on his, slowly processing the news. "It's . . . all in the past now right?"

Silence fills the room once more when Claude also decides to ask me question.

"After all these years, why didn't you tell me you were a princess? I was searching for nobles all over the Empire for you."

"Y-You did that!?" I exclaim in shock. "I'm sorry, I didn't want you to judge me for who I was."

"But how come all these years you look exactly the same?"

I knew it was finally time to explain the real reason why I came.

"My mother Arlene; Queen of the Iron Empire poisoned me." I start telling my story from the very beginning on how Victor had loved me more than Arlene, and how she wanted me dead.

Claude listens silently and pays attention to every detail.

When I was finally done, Claude just smirks evilly. "Finally, an excuse to kill that wrenched woman who'd done those things to you."

My eyes light up in happiness. "So that means you'll help?" I exclaim.

 "So that means you'll help?" I exclaim