55 - irl

Ava's POV:

It's finally time.

I get to see Ruel after a whole month of him
being on tour.

Chelsea helped me plan everything. I know he'll be at some party tonight in L.A. after his show so that's when i'll surprise him.

Kaylee came with me so I have someone to stay with in the hotel. My parents were okay with it after a bit of convincing. Alex would've came but he got in trouble at school, of course.

We just got to our room in the hotel, finally.

I plop onto the bed, already feeling the jet lag.

"Let's just surprise him tomorrow." I mumble against the pillow.

Kaylee scoffs. "Hell no. We're going to that party."

[]

It's now eleven, and I just got a text from Chelsea.

chels
he's here, ready whenever you are;)

I grin and stand up from the bed. "He's there. Let's go." Kaylee and I have been ready for about twenty minutes, waiting for Chelsea to let us know when he's there.

"I can't wait to see his face when he sees you." Kaylee squeals as we sit in the back of the uber.

I giggle nervously. "I can't wait to hug him."

She nudges my side. "Don't worry, i'll let you guys have some alone time in our hotel room."

I blush and pinch her thigh. "Shush."

The car comes to a stop and we hop out after thanking the driver. I look around the outside of the house, seeing solo cups everywhere.

Kaylee drags me towards the door as I pull out my phone to ask where Chelsea last saw him, since she didn't stay.

The loud music boasts through the speakers and the first thing I see is people dancing. Everywhere.

"We need to find the living room, that's where Chelsea left him." I yell over all the noise. She nods and leads me through the crowd, pushing people out of the way.

We enter what's most likely the living room.

"I don't see hi-" Kaylee freezes.

I frown and tug on her arm. "What?"

She turns around with wide eyes. "We need to go."

I shake my head. "Why?"

She pushes me back gently. "Cause you don't want to see what's behind me." I furrow my eyebrows and try to look around her. She blocks my view still. "Ava, seriously come on-"

But it's too late. I managed to get around her and when I see him sitting on the couch, a girl straddling his waist as they make out, I tense up.

No.
No, no, no.
This isn't happening.

Tears well in my eyes as I watch them. I watch as he tangles his hand in her hair, I watch as his other  hand roams her waist.

"I'm so sorry Ava." I can barely hear Kaylee say over the music ringing in my ears.

As if he could feel my stare on him, his eyes snap in my direction. Surprise. Regret. Fear. I see all of it. Ruel pushes the girl off of him and stands up, running his fingers through his messy hair.

I spin around and rush out, hearing a pair of footsteps follow after me. Knowing it's not Kaylee, I quicken my pace through all the people. Finally, I make it outside.