62 - mssgs/irl

ruel<3
i'm so sorry for breaking your heart. i never intended to hurt you, i even promised not to. i'm the biggest asshole on the planet and you shouldn't even be considering giving me a second chance. but i'm so fucking grateful that you are. i swear on everything that i'll do whatever it takes to get you back. anything. i love you, always.

ava<3
thank you ruel...i'm trying to forgive you

ava<3
when are you free?

ruel<3
i'm free whenever. why? can we meet up?

ava<3
yeah...i think i'm ready to

ruel<3
you doing anything right now??

ava<3
no, why?

ruel<3
can i come over?

ava<3
like right now?

ruel<3
yes

ruel<3
please

ava<3
okay...sure

ruel<3
i'll be there in ten

[]
Ava's POV:

I pace around the living room nervously, waiting for Ruel to get here. Luckily i'm home alone, so Alex won't be here to threaten Ruel like he did when he first found out what happened.

I don't know why I agreed.

Maybe cause I miss him? A lot more than I should.

That first text he sent helped with my decision to let him come. I can tell that he really, truly regrets what he did. And what he did was stupid, but I have to give him credit for not giving up on us after a week of being ignored and even rejection.

The sound of knocking breaks me out of my thoughts and I freeze.

It's just Ruel. Just Ruel. If anyone should be nervous right now it's him, not you.

I walk into the main entrance area and over to the door, taking a deep breath before pulling it open. The first thing I see is him, standing right in front of me with his hands in his pockets.

His eyes light up when he sees me and he steps forward. "Hi." He says softly.

I fiddle with the end of my hoodie.
Hoodie.
His hoodie.
I'm wearing his hoodie. Right in front of him.
Crap.

"Hi." I whisper. I step to the side so he can enter and after a second of staring at me, he shakes his head and walks through the doorway.

"How have you-" I stop talking and tense up when Ruel suddenly snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me against his chest.

I swallow my nerves and reluctantly bring my arms up around his neck. His body relaxes and he sighs into the crook of my neck. "I missed this."

After another minute, we finally pull away.

Ruel stays close, only inches away. "You look cute." He mumbles as his eyes take in my appearance, more specifically, his hoodie that I stupidly wore.

I clear my throat. "Thank you."

He reaches his hand out and brushes my hair behind my ear. "Can I ask you something?" When I nod, he continues. "Do you still love me? You said it...over the phone. But I wasn't sure if you meant it."

I guess we're getting straight to the point then.

Honestly? I do still love him. Stupid, I know.

What he did sucked, but like i've said before it didn't make me hate him. At first I was mad at myself for wanting to be with him still, but I think i've accepted it. I've learned to trust my gut, and my gut feeling is saying to stick with him. Forgive him.

"I still love you."

His eyes show the relief he's feeling. "Then would you mind..." He steps even closer than before. "If I kissed you?"

Déjà vu.

His words bring me back to the first time we kissed.

And just like before, I can't help but let him.

I slowly shake my head. Ruel smiles and leans down to crash his lips onto mine. I feel the tingles run through my whole body and I grip his shirt tightly as his arms wrap around my waist again.

God I missed kissing him.

He deepens the kiss and walks forward until i'm pushed up against the door. His hands squeeze my hips as I slide my hands up his chest and into his soft hair. He groans quietly when I gently tug on it and that's when I snap out of the trance he put me in.

I gently push him away, making him frown. He tries to lean in again but when I turn my head, he moves on to kissing my neck.

"Ruel...we should stop." I say, still out of breath.

"I don't want to." His lips brush against my skin as he speaks, making me shiver.

I place my hands on his chest. "But you need to."

He leaves a final light peck on my collarbone before taking one small step away. "Happy?"

I stare into his eyes as he does the same. "Baby steps."

He looks confused. "What?"

I gulp. "We'll take baby steps. And then maybe, maybe, if I feel like I can trust you again, we can get back together."

He looks down at me in disbelief. "You're serious?" A wide grin spreads across his face when I nod and he quickly lifts me up off the ground into a hug. "Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you." He mumbles, kissing my forehead repeatedly.

"This is your last chance, please don't mess it up."

He shakes his head. "Not again. I promise."