69 - irl

Ava's POV:

"I leave tomorrow." Ruel mumbles against the top of my head, as we lay cuddled up on his bed.

I trace the palm of his hand. "I know."

No, I haven't taken him back. Not yet. We're making the most of the week that he's here and it's been amazing. He's still earning back my trust, and doing a pretty good job at it. We've basically been inseparable.

I finally got to meet his sisters, Coco and Sylvie. They were away at college every other time I came over to his house, until this week.

"Come with me."

I sit up from his chest and look at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

He copies my actions and leans back on his elbows. "Come with me to the U.S."

"I don't know..." I trail off unsurely.

Ruel tugs on my arm for me to lay down again and when I do, he turns and hovers over me. "You were planning on coming anyways, before everything happened."

"Yeah but that was only for one show, not all of them." I point out.

"Please? You can keep an eye on me." He grins.

I narrow my eyes on him and push him off of me. "I shouldn't have to keep an eye on you Ruel."

His smile falls and he quickly shakes his head. "That came out wrong, I just meant that maybe if you go you'd see that you can trust me. You'll see that I don't plan on going to anymore parties, and I definitely don't plan on drinking again."

I sigh and rub my eyes tiredly. "I'll talk to my parents about it."

Ruel smiles sheepishly. "Would you be mad if I said I already did?"

My mouth opens in shock. "You already asked for permission, without even knowing if i'd agree?"

He slowly nods.

"What'd they say?"

He lays back on the bed next to me. "It took a lot, and I mean a lot, of convincing but they said you could go. Only if you want to of course."

Would it really be so bad?

He isn't wrong about me keeping an eye on him.
But staying here would allow me to test if he'll truly stick to his promise while he's gone. Then again, if I stay i'll be away from him for another month. One was hard enough.

"What times the flight?"

[]

"You better call everyday. And make sure you use protection. I don't want a niece or nephew yet." Alex instructs, making me cringe as we pull back from the hug.

"No promises." Ruel smirks. I elbow his ribs while my brother sends him a stern look.

"If you knock up my sixteen year old sister, i'm cutting your-" I quickly interrupt him before he can finish. "Okay, okay, that's enough. Thanks Alex."

We finally say goodbye before Ruel and I head over to the car that we're taking to the airport. The ride isn't too long so we get there in about forty five minutes.

"Thank you for agreeing to come." Ruel kisses my temple once we're settled into our seats on the plane. I've limited the kissing to anything but on the lips, only until we're really together again.

I smile up at him. "Of course."

Our first stop is Florida, which means this is gonna be a long flight.