Dark

He felt like he was swimming in a pool of black. He felt sick, hurt, scared, but warm. All he could hear were what sounded like faint sobs in the distance along with the emptiness he had grown unused to hearing. He was use to a beating of that of a drum echoing around him, always being there, a steady beat, yet now that sound was silenced, faded, gone.

The sound of nearby sobbing grow louder slowly. He soon started to see what he believed was light. A quick flash, leading back to darkness, but darkness that was plain, like a wall, not endless unlike the darkness before.

That's when the creator slowly forced open his eyes.

He noticed he was being held in the destroyer's arms like when it had all occurred that time before. The creator felt himself choke and cough a little, mostly from pain, but it went unnoticed.

Ink couldn't tell if what he was seeing was a dream, he had to double check. He slowly and weakly raised a hand and lightly placed it on the destroyer's cheekbone. He saw the destroyer smile through his tears as as the creator felt himself smile as well.

"E-err-"

"D-don't talk..." Error whispered, interrupting the other. "Y-your in pain, I don't want you to hurt more..."

To the creator, everything felt weird, even a little blurred. He noticed he was somewhere dark, but he couldn't remember where, yet he could recall he was with the destroyer, someone he no longer could see as an enemy, but as more than just a friend.

He watched as the destroyer continued to cry quietly and smile, both keeping quiet, trying to calm their nerves.

Ink weakly brushed away some of the destroyer's tears with his thumb and he felt himself blush lightly.

"Th-there's n-no r-reason t... to cry now..." Ink whispered out slowly. "I'm f-fine now."

He then felt the numbness he had been feeling ware off and he cringed at the pain, tensing up.

"I-I know... I'm just glad you're okay." Error whispered back in reply, slowly pulling the other into a hug which Ink accepted, feeling his pain ease and fade away, tears starting to go down his face as well.

"I... I'm really sorry that I worried you again." Ink sobbed out. "I d-don't mean to... I..."

Error pushed Ink away lightly, not letting him go, but pushing him a little in front to look the other in the eyes. The destroyer then lightly kissed the creator on the top of his skull before pulling him back into a hug. Ink felt something inside him flutter, as if he still had a soul, yet he knew he didn't, yet he still felt it. He felt his face heat up slightly from it.

"I know..." Error replied. "It's not your fault, don't blame yourself for it."

"O-okay..." The creator quietly whispered back.

They continued to sit in the soft silence. Ink closed his eyes as tears still lightly trickled down his cheekbones. He swore he could still hear the beating of a soul within him. It sounded faint, but as if it was still there. He wasn't sure why, or how, but it was like he still had it, as if it left something of itself behind. Then again, perhaps it was only his mind.

The creator then opened his eyes again and looked around more. Memories we're starting to pop back up. They were still trapped in the lab, and his chest had just been cut open again. He gripped harder onto the destroyer at the thought. Error noticed and soothingly rubbed the creator's back.