Chapter 4

Okay, I'm gonna be honest, I've been seeing Jules more than I need to, but I can't help it. So, I will give you the chronological order of when I saw Jules.

May 13, 2018:

She was at the park. I guess she was on a date because she and her boyfriend, I assume, were sitting on a blanket sharing a drink. It was the night of the comet. Why wouldn't she be out here?

The comet, as you may have heard, was rare and an amazing sight to see. Where was I? I was at the park bench, just looking. At her, at him. And I'm not gonna lie, I swear I knew him from somewhere.

Anyways, occassionally I would hear Jules beautiful laugh and die a little inside. I would see her look at him with affection in her eyes. I would see her kiss him. See her lay her head on his shoulder like she used to do with me and I couldn't help but feel this anger...this resentment. Not towards jules, no, never. But towards the bastard that had taken her. She was mine. And I was not about to allow some sicko near my girl.

I stood. Ready to break them up when a bright light slowly started to come into view and illuminate the sky. It mesmerized everyone with its sparkling light, even me.

The sight was absolutely beautiful. And blinding. You had to be sure that you didn't stared too long at it, or what you really need to see, may slip your mind.

When it had finally passed, Jules and her new boo was gone.

***

May 27, 2018:

It was two weeks after I saw her at the park. She was working late as usual, and she went to get up for another coffee. I'm not gonna lie, she had on her reading glasses so she could focus and when she got up she didn't take them off. Combine that with her natural beauty, she was irresistable.

So when she had gotten up to get another coffee, I just couldn't hold back. I followed her. In line of course. She had gotten in  line with three other people in front of her. So I had to act fast before someone else had gotten in front of me. Quickly, I jumped out of my chair and speed walked into her line.

When I walked up to her, she didn't look back so I didn't have to worry about be seen. The line moved kinda slow so I was able to stand behind her for a while. In this 'while'? I realized how good she smelled. I was practically close enough to smell her hair which smelt like her strawberry shampoo. The more I smelt it, the more nostalgia I felt.

But then the line started moving and she moved up, and farther away from me.

***

Okay I admit, that was a little extra. But let's be honest, when am I ever Not extra. Anyways, It just gets worse from there.

May 31, 2018

Walmart. The one place besides Family Dollar where you can get clothes food and toys in one go. And It just so happens to be the one place that Jules trust to go food shopping. One of the perks about following your ex wife everywhere she goes.

When Jules entered the market, I entered five minutes after her. Now being as I know mostly everything about her, I knew that she was gonna stay in the front of the store for about ten minutes, loading up on lunch meats, fruits and vegetibles. So, Instead of making it obvious that Im following her, I head to the back where the household items are. I make sure that I walk kind olf slow so that by the time I get there I don't have to wait a rediculously long time to see her.

When I made it to the back, Jules was already back there. Strange. She must've knew what she wanted.

She was in isle 12, hardware. What does she need hardware for? I thought to myself. I stood there just thinking to myself as she looked for hardware. And I figured that it wouldn't hurt to make it look like I wasn't just staring at her. So, I walked down the isle and pretended to be looking at hardware too.

We stood in that ilse for about five minutes in silence. That was I until...

"But which one does he want? You know what forget it." Jules muttered under her breath.

She was leaving the isle.

Do it! You won't get another chance like this, HURRY! I urged myself.

And finally, I did it.

The can dropped with a hollow thud and rolled its way over to Jules. I turned around and cursed under my breath, playing my part.

"Shit-I'm sorry."

I reached down to pick up the can. But to my suprise, she already had it in her hand and was handing it to me.

"No, it's cool. Here."

Her voice was calm and steady and relaxed. I was not. I could barely speak. Dammit Will! We rehearsed this.

I took the can and forced myself to speak, expecting it to crack.

"Thanks."

She smiled. "No problem. Have a nice day."

She began to walk out of the isle. I called out before she left earshot.

"Yeah, you too."

And with that she was gone.

***

That was yesterday. This gave me courage to that a thousand times more. And it has also made it clear to me that in order to get close to her again, I have to make more riskier moves. And so for now on, my methods will be more..intense.