Chapter 10

I woke up a couple hours later. My head spinning and my thoughts pounding.

What the hell happened?

I struggled to remember what happened...And then it hit me.

The man from the alley.

Shit.

It all hits me in one punch.

The two men in the alley way. They tried to take advantage. Had I not been saved, I would've been dead. And had I not follow that man into the other ally way, I would've still been alive.

Or at least I think i'm dead.

Then this big wide door opened up and the bright sunlight flooded in.

I squinted in response. I feel fucking hungover. Yup. Not dead.

A silouhette then came into view, blocking most of the blinding light. He walked up to me and sqauted  down to my eye level.

"Hello Jules."

I furrowed my brows.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Don't remember me Jules?" he said tauntingly.

They sighed exasperatedly. Then mumbled under their breath. As they turned around and started rummaging through the stuff up agains the wall.

"I knew I should've brought that Harper outfit."

"What do you mean Harper outfit?"

When I received no answer, I gave up and tried to get more information.

"What do you know about Harper?"

They laughed hysterically. "Ha! What do I know about Harper?"

When I didn't join in the laughter, he stopped abruptly and cleared his throat.

"I know about Harper because I am Harper."

My chest rose with fear.

"Harper-But why?"

The figure shrugged. "I don't know. Just felt like it."

I stayed silent. Trying to think what he meant by Harper Outfit.

"What do you mean Harper outfit?" I repeated once more.

My captor looked at me. At first bewilderment spread across what I could see of his face. The little pale light did me little to no justice. Then I could see he face contort to amusement.

"Ah right. You don't know my little secret." He chuckled softly.

"I lied at first."

I furrowed my brows.

"Harper doesn't exist."

He talked with his hands clasped together as if he was praying. His hands moving forward and backwards with every word. When he finished, his mouth curled into a malicious smirk and laughed like a psychopath as if he found this funny.

I didn't join in again and I guess that he found this aggregating and scolded me.

I looked back not showing no sign of effect what so ever. He rolled his eyes.

"You know Jules-" he said abruptly, the silence we shared for about three minutes destroyed.

"I don't really appreciate you not laughing at my jokes."

I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe that's because I don't appreciate your jokes."

His mouth curled up into that malicious smile again.

"Aww, Jules. Don't hurt my feelings." He said teasing me.

"I don't give a damn about your feelings. What the hell do you mean Harper doesn't exist?"

He put his hand on his chest like I really hurt his feelings.

"Wow. Divorce really has made you bitter."

Pause. How does he know about my divorce?

"What do you know about that?" I growled, getting annoyed.

"Fiesty now, are we?"

Tired of his child's play, I yanked the chains as hard as I could, giving him a scare and of course practically pulling my arms out of their sockets. True it did hurt...like ALOT. But I wasn't going to tell him that if he didn't already know. And I damn sure wasn't going to let it show on my face.

"I'm done with your little games. Answer my questions."

He winced.

"See, about that. You're not really in any position to make demands, but since you are my special guest, I'll answer one question. The other one will be explained shortly."

I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to start.

He cleared his throat.

"Harper, was never real. He was a character I made up to spy on you."

Spy on me?

I was hit instantly with Bewilderment. But that was a weakness I refused to show.

"Riiight. And if Harper was made up by you, then who exactly are you?"

He sighed.

"Must I do everything myself around here?" He said mumbling to himself.

I raised another eyebrow.

"Does the name Will ring a bell?"