Chapter 8: Shield vs Spear

Naofumi POV

I was inside the waiting area of the arena, I can hear the announcer outside yelling about the fight between me and that scumbag Motoyasu.
I was starting to get a little nervous about F/n and Raphtalia.

Naofumi: 'What if I lose and I would never see them anymore...No What am I thinking?, If I want to have them back at my side then I need to win this fight' I said to myself.

I looked around the waiting area too look for a weapon, I did saw a bunch of swords laying around but once I touch them an error will pop out and it wont allow me to use any of weapons. I sighed and listened to the announcer's voice and the sound of the people cheering outside.

After a couple of minutes the doors finally opened I sighed and started to walk outside the arena.

Naofumi: 'Alright...Here we go..'

I then saw Motoyasu walk out of his waiting area, Its really different from mine since his has too many guards standing at the edge of the small hallway.

We started to walk towards each other I looked to my left to see Raphtalia has her mouth shut with a cloth so as F/n- Wait...His knocked out...Thos bastards. I then glared at the king who was watching the fight.

Announcer: "This duel will take place on the presence of king melromarc and the pope, And it is legitimate and official!"

Everyone then cheers and gave Motoyasu an applause as he was waving at them.

Myne: "Sir Motoyasu best of luck!" She said while she was at the side of the arena.

Naofumi: 'Wait...Shouldn't she be on the top with the other people watching?, What's she doing down here?...I feel like this isn't gonna be a good fight..' I thinked to myself.

Me and Motoyasu stopped at out tracks and looked at eachother.

Motoyasu: "Remember the folk tale of the irresistible spear and the immovable shield?"

He spins and twirls around his spear and points it towards the ground.

Motoyasu: "Naofumi...Be a man and accept defeat!"

I then raised my shield a bit as a skill tree appeared on the top of it, I then morphed my shield into a cubic form. We both got into our fighting stances as he also morphed his spears blade.

Announcer: "Ready, Begin!"

Motoyasu then charges towards me he readied his spear for a thrust attack, He leaps in the air and thrusts his spear towards me three times as I blocked all of them.

Motoyasu: "Not to bad looks like the Shield Hero has a few moves!"

He said while out weapons still locked at eachother.

Naofumi: "You got the right.." I glared at him as he looked at me in shock.

Naofumi: "So this folk tale of the shield and the spear?, Did you the spear didn't win because he couldn't pierce the shield!"

With all my force I pushed him away from me, As he lands backwards he pointed his spear towards me and it glowed into a yellow aura.

Motoyasu: "Chaos spear!"

He then rushed at me again and send a flurry of thrusts, I managed to block some of them but the impact was too strong that flinged my shield away causing me to take a bit of damage.

I then crouched on the floor and slowly stood up with wounds around my body, It was painful but I did manage to stand up. I started to dash towards him as I grabbed a hidden balloon inside my cape, As I reached him I slammed my shield into the side of his stomach and blowed him away.