eighteen

Sawyer carefully pulls his face away from Dylan, keeping his hands planted firmly on his waist. Dylan stares up at Sawyer, only a bit shorter.

"Hey," laughs Sawyer quietly, a smile dancing across his lips.

"Hi," whispers Dylan, beyond shocked. Sawyer smiles and plays with Dylan's hair absentmindedly.

"I love you too, stupid."

>><<

      "I can't believe that just happened," whispers Dylan as he sits on his bed. Sawyer had already gone back to his own room and Dylan was alone again. He couldn't help feeing stressed at Sawyer's mentions of suicide, yet giddy after their kiss.

How was he ever going to sleep after that?

>><<

Sawyer knew Dylan didn't like him. He only thought of them as friends, that's for sure. It's okay though, at least he got a kiss in.

It'll all be the same in the morning.

>><<

"Morning, Dy," calls Sawyer, opening Dylan's door. Shockingly, Dylan was actually awake.

"Hey," he calls, a bit nervously. Sawyer sits next to him with a nervous smile.

"Party was pretty wild, huh?" Dylan nods quietly, staring at his feet. "You okay?"

"I don't know," whispers Dylan, holding his knees to his chest and staring at the floor. Sawyer puts his hand lightly on his knee.

"What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you didn't do anything. I'm just... what you said last night. I can't let you kill yourself!"

      "Dylan, you don't have any control of my mind. Hell, I don't either," murmurs Sawyer, pulling Dylan against his side.

      "That's what makes me sad." Sawyer sighs and turns Dylan's head to look at him.

      "I wouldn't have told you that if I knew it would make you feel sad. I'm really sorry, I hate seeing you upset."

       "I won't be upset if you promise to never cut or kill yourself."

      "Dy," he sighs, exasperated. "I can't promise that! I wish I could, but..."

      "Please!" Dylan plants his hands on Sawyer's shoulders as he says it. "Please."

      "Dylan...." Sawyer sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "I'll try. I will, but..."

     "Okay. If that's the best you can do then... okay. I just don't wanna lose you, you're the first friend I've had in years." Sawyer looks at Dylan pitifully and hugs him close.

      "I don't wanna lose you either."

>><<

      "Jeez," mumbles Sawyer, walking around the house and throwing red solo cups into a trash bag.

     "I know," groans Dylan, shaking some random guy awake. Luckily, all the other guests had gone home and no one had vomited so the clean up wasn't too bad. The guy wakes up, still a bit groggy from his obvious drunken night.

      "Oops," he giggles, jumping to his feet and saluting Dylan.

      "Just go," he sighs, putting his face in his hand. The guy laughs and shrugs, leaving.

      "I think he's the only one here," says Sawyer with a laugh.

     "Yeah, and hardly any guests got upstairs... except to... you know..." says Dylan with a quiet blush. Sawyer winks and grins.

      "I already threw all the bedsheets in the wash." Dylan gags and rolls his eyes, grabbing a few cups and putting them in the trash bag. Downstairs was looking pretty good, just a bit of straightening plus a good sweep and mop was needed.

       "I've got this, why don't you finish upstairs?" Sawyer nods with a smile, handing Dylan the trash bag. He walks up the stairs, lazily grabbing a shirt that had somehow ended up on one of the steps. Dylan put in his earbuds, a song by Newgrounds Death Rugby playing. It was going to be a good day.

>><<

     "Finished!" Dylan smiles as he stares around the downstairs, proud of his cleaning. He turns towards the stairs to meet Sawyer but he'd already come down.  

      "Just on time," he says, flashing his white teeth with a grin. Dylan can't help but blush, realizing that his dazzling smile was for him.

      "Yep. Did you make the beds?" Sawyer nods, grabbing the trash bag at Dylan's feet and putting it outside. The doors were open to air out the place of the smell of alcohol.

"My mom's gonna be home tomorrow," says Dylan lamely, sitting at the counter.

"Guess so," says Sawyer with a shrug, sitting across from him. Suddenly, his face brightens.

"What?"

"That means we've still got the house to ourselves today, tonight, and some of tomorrow!"

"So...?"

"Freedom, dumbass."

"My mom's pretty loose about us doing anything, I'm sure she won't ca-"

"Oh, shush!" Says Sawyer with a grin, grabbing Dylan's hand and his jacket.

"We're going out."