twenty seven

Sawyer smiles sadly at Dylan, sticking his face into his pillow to hide his tears. Dylan sighs again, sitting up and pulling Sawyer to a sitting position. He stares into his eyes for a second, sadly.

"You say that you're okay but I need to know the truth. Are you really alright?" Sawyer feels tears pour down his face, for no fucking reason, and he stares down at the blanket. Dylan doesn't say anything, he just hugs Sawyer as tightly as he can.

>><<

"I'm sorry, Dy, I want to be better, I'm just..." Dylan shakes his head, sighing.

"Sawyer, it's okay. You don't have to always feel okay. Please, just... instead of cutting next time, talk to me. I feel like shit because I wasn't there for you last time." Sawyer collapses onto his pillows.

"Fuck, you're such a good person. How do I deserve someone as great as you?" Dylan laughs and lies next to him.

"Cause you're perfect, sweetie." Sawyer snorts, pointing at him.

"Hey, only I can say that!" Dylan laughs and kisses him quickly.

"You're so annoying." Sawyer feels himself smile, that makes him even happier. The only other person who'd ever made him happy so easily was his old best friend.

"Pretty much." He lies back down next to Dylan.

"Hey, Lily's asking if we wanna meet up," says Dylan, pulling out his phone.

"I'm down as long as you want to. It's cool if you don't, I know you get anxious." Dylan smiles at him.

"It's weird, no one ever understands my anxiety like you do. They just tell me to 'overcome' it by facing my fears. That only makes it worse." He smiles and squeezes Sawyer's hand. "Actually, I do wanna see her though. She's pretty cool, and so are her friends." Sawyer stands up with a smile, sticking out his hand for Dylan. He grabs it, pulling himself to his feet.

"Then let's go."

>><<

Sawyer waits in the kitchen for Dylan. His mom had already said they could go, winking not too discretely at Dylan. He then walks into the kitchen, yawning lazily. He wears ripped black jeans with a black and white striped shirt. A chain hangs next to one of his hips. He's got on black converse, Sawyer's are white.

"What?" Sawyer laughs slightly, Dylan pushes some of the dark hair out of his face.

"It's like when you got dressed you attracted even more darkness to you." Dylan snorts.

"The black really compliments my eye-bags, don't you think?" He fans his eyes exaggeratedly, laughing.

"Shut up." Sawyer grabs his hand, they were gonna be late at this point.

>><<

"Hey guys!" Lily jumps to her feet, she was sitting at the counter of some café. Emmy, Lauren, and Kathy had come too. Emmy waves while Lauren smiles and Kathy nods.

        "Hi!" Sawyer and Dylan sit at the counter too, Sawyer ordering them both iced coffees. Lily seems so happy, it's almost contagious.

        "So how's it going?" Emmy grins primarily at Sawyer while she asks her question. Dylan notices Kathy staring directly at Sawyer as well, but Lauren looks to Lily. Wow, I wonder if they know he's gay.

        "Pretty good," says Sawyer absentmindedly. A barista hands them their coffees, Sawyer pays.

        "Thanks," mutters Dylan, to both Sawyer and the barista.

        "So, uhm, Sawyer... you got a girlfriend?" Sawyer chokes on his coffee and Kathy's question while both Lily and Dylan snort, quite loudly. Emmy looks interested in Sawyer's reaction, almost disappointed.

        "Uhm, not quite." He looks at Dylan, laughing. Dylan bites his lip and laughs into his coffee. He makes eye contact with Lily, her reaction seems very similar. She must know he's gay. "Actually, I'm kind of dating someone right now." Emmy looks confused but Sawyer grabs Dylan's hand in explanation. Dylan hides his face, blushing obviously.

       "Oh, that makes sense. Oops! I mean, a girl can hope, right?" Dylan grins, both at her good reaction and Sawyer holding his hand and saying they were dating.

       "Of course, I mean I am great, right?" Sawyer grins and runs his hand through his hair. Dylan snorts and he shoves his shoulder.

        "Asshole." Lily smiles brightly, for no apparent reason. She's just a really happy person.

       "You guys are a great couple," she says with a laugh. Sawyer smiles at Dylan.

       "Yeah, I agree."