twenty

"You said you had no friends!" Sawyer laughs, being unnecessarily annoying. Dylan unlocks the door and the two enter his house.

        "I don't." He collapses on the couch, staring at the ceiling. Sawyer sits at his feet, shoving them away so he has space.

        "Lily, Emmy, Lauren, and the other one seemed to like you."

       "Her name's Kathy." Sawyer snorts and punches Dylan's shoulder lightly.

       "Ooh, do you like her?" Dylan blushes and scrambles up, glaring at Sawyer.

      "No! You're the one who kissed me!" Sawyer grins, leaning towards Dylan.

      "And I'll do it again." He pushes Dylan back onto the couch, his back touching the cushion and his chest touching Sawyer's.

      "No!" Dylan attempts to escape, laughing. "Stop! You're mean!"

        "Wow. I'm mean? You're so immature." He smiles at Dylan, his blonde hair tickling Dylan's forehead. He moves his hands to the sides of his head, trapping him.

        "Don't you dare," Dylan whispers, attempting to keep a threatening look but failing miserably.

       "I will." Sawyer connects the gap between them, kissing Dylan gently. He releases him with a grin.

      "I hate you," Dylan grumbles, sitting up and leaning against Sawyer. He shuts his eyes, calm at last. Being social, even a little bit, always wore him out.

>><<

Dylan blinks open his eyes, warm and comfortable. He's covered by a blanket and is being held softly. Sawyer's arms wrap around him lazily, he stares down at his phone- scrolling through Instagram.

       "You just let me sleep like this?" Dylan's a bit embarrassed, he hates to be a nuisance.

       "Oh! I didn't even know you woke up. What do you mean?"  

        "Like, against you?" Sawyer blushes and smiles.

       "Of course." Dylan grins at him and leans his head back against his shoulder. Sawyer shows him some video he found but Dylan hardly pays attention, he can't stop looking at Sawyer's face. The way his eyes crinkled when he smiles and how little chunks of his hair cover his blue eyes. Dylan can't help lightly kissing his cheek. Sawyer smiles at him and presses his nose against his.

      "You're really adorable," Dylan mutters, blushing like an idiot.

       "You're literally describing yourself, sweetie." Sawyer kisses him again, resulting in them both smiling.

      "I love you." Sawyer grins, his eyes lighting up at Dylan's words.

      "I love you more. I'm actually surprised you would say that."

      "I mean it, Sawyer, I really love you. You're... so important to me. I mean it, like, there's not many people I love but you've helped me through so much. I don't know, I sound dumb." Sawyer smiles again, all he does is smile, and runs his hand through Dylan's hair.

      "I love you more than I love anyone else."

>><<

What if I'm crazy? Dylan stares at his ceiling absentmindedly, drumming his fingers on his stomach. Maybe I don't love Sawyer. I've only known him for like two weeks. It's ridiculous! But... I do care about him so damn much. Everything he does is important to me. I hope he gets that. I couldn't live without that dumbass.

>><<

He can't really mean what he said. But... it was Dylan, and he hates showing emotion. Jeez, I hope he meant it. I really do love him. We met when we were thirteen and I still remember it. He was the one who made me realize I was gay.

I can't hurt him, I love him.

>><<

       "Hey," calls Sawyer, grabbing an apple out of the fruit bowl on their counter. Dylan nods to him, taking a bite of his cereal. "So, your mom's coming home today?" Dylan nods again.  Sawyer nods back, looking a bit uncomfortable, and takes a bite of his apple. "So..." Dylan looks up at him, raising his eyebrows. "Are you mad at me?" Dylan shakes his head, resulting in a sigh from Sawyer. "You're mad. Look, I'm sorry, I don't know what I did. I'm sorry." Dylan nods and eats more cereal.

        "I'm fine." Sawyer grabs Dylan's hand and squeezes it tightly.

       "Are you sure? Dylan, you can tell me anything. I'm sorry that I made you mad." Dylan shakes his head, exasperated.

       "I'm not mad!" Sawyer pulls his hand away, eyes wide.

       "I'm sorry."