Chapter 3: The Search Starts (Callie)

"What do you mean Marie didn't come?!" I asked frantically. "She told me that she was going to buy a new charger!"

"I don't know what to tell you," Sheldon said. "She never came last night."

"Where could she be?" I asked. "I tried calling her, but she didn't pick up!"

"Calm down, Callie," said Sheldon. "Maybe she went to visit her parents or something."

"But she would tell me if she did," I argued. "She'd never just leave. There's got to be something wrong. It's not like Marie to just go."

"I can't really help you, Callie," Sheldon said. "I can give some new weapons if you want, but I have a shop to run."

"I'll get Agent 4!" I exclaimed.

Agent 4 could help me find Marie, wherever she is. I called him up and he said that he'd be here soon. In the meantime, I decided to browser Sheldon's rollers.

"Ooo, I like this one," I said, looking at a bright pink roller.

I picked it up and waved it around.

"It's got a nice weight to it," I said. "I'll take it."

Sheldon checked me out just as Agent 4 arrived, armed with his Hero Shot.

"So, what's the deal?" Agent 4 asked. "Why did I need to bring my weapon?"

"Marie is missing," I told him.

"Missing?" Agent 4 questioned.

"Yeah, and since Sheldon can't help me," I said. "You are!"

"Great, my first mission as Agent 4 and I have to find your missing cousin," he sighed.

"Don't worry Agent 4," I reassured him. "We'll find her quick and easy, I'm sure of it."

"Yay... So where do you think she's at?"

"I... I don't know," I replied, realizing that I had no idea where Marie could be.

"I put my bets on the Octos. They're always up to something."

"You think the Octarians have Marie?"

"Just a guess, but they aren't too strong, are they?"

"Not really... But if they do have Marie, that just makes me even more worried."

If the Octarians have Marie, who knows what DJ Octavio would do to her. I need to get to her before he can torture her, or whatever his sick mind could come up with.

"Okay, Agent 4," I said confidently. "Let's go find Marie."