Chapter 9: Recap (Marie)

"So can someone explain to me what happened?" Sheldon asked.

"Well, it's kind of a long story," I said. "Octavio kidnapped me, used these glasses to wipe my recent memory and make me believe him. Then he told me that Callie beat me up and almost killed me. He showed me a video of it, fake of course, but I believed him. So then I went to Inkopolis Square, beat Callie up and took her back to Octavio's base. There, I guess my love for Callie kind of overcame my brainwashing, so I freed her from her prison cell, but we were quickly taken down by Octolings. They put me in a separate room from Callie, then they put the shades on me again, but I was able to resist and take them off. I escaped the room and found Callie and Agent 4, who got captured by the Octolings, in another room. Callie said they used some prototype shades to brainwash her. I got them off of her, but as you can see, she's still recovering. From there, I started to get the urge to kill Callie, a side effect of the brainwashing I guess, so I put 4 in charge. I almost killed her twice, but 4 stopped me, thankfully. I called you for the Killer Wail, then it came and we killed a bunch of Octolings. Then we escaped after running from some more Octolings."

"My God," Sheldon said. "You had a rough few days, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess we did."