Chapter 7: Prototype (Callie)

When I woke up, the Octolings that knocked me out had me strapped to a chair.

"Give me the prototype," said one of the Octolings.

"The prototype?!" the other one asked. "It's unstable. It might now work!"

"The normal ones clearly don't do anything. The prototype will completely change her personality and beliefs, not just maker her gullible."

"Octavio will kill us!"

"He'll kill us if she gets out too!"

The Octoling finally gave in and gave the other one a pair of glasses. I had heard Octavio say something about them. Wait, that's what they used on Marie! But they said the other one didn't do anything. Maybe that's why Marie still had some of herself in her! But... now they're using the "prototype" on me. They said it'll... "completely change her personality." No, no, no, no. I can't be brainwashed! Then who'll save Marie... Agent 4! He must've realized that I'm missing by now!

But just as I said that a pair of Octolings shoved Agent 4 into the room and quickly strap him to another chair. Did Agent 4 try to save us and fail? Oh, no...

"We only have one pair of the good type," said the Octoling with the shades in his hand. "That's okay, we'll make him watch her turn evil." The Octoling laughed, before putting the shades on me.

I blacked out but was back in only a few seconds. I looked around and saw Agent 4 strapped to a chair. Then an Octoling talked to me.

"Callie," he said. "You're going to get the honor of killing Agent 4 here."

"It would be my pleasure," I said, and the Octoling unstrapped me from the chair I was sitting in.

The Octoling gave me my roller, the one that I remember using many times, and I turned to Agent 4. He had a horrified look on his face.

"Callie..." he said, stunned. "Holy crap, it... it just, made her... evil?"

"Heh," one of the Octolings laughed. "Kill him, Callie."

I held up my roller and was about to crush him with it when Marie barrelled through the doorway, tackling one of the Octolings and killing him with her charger.

"Callie!" the main Octoling said. "Handle Ma-"

The Octoling was shot in the head, instantly killing him. She finished off the rest of them as I swung at her with my roller. Marie carefully unstrapped Agent 4 and Marie looked over to me.

"They... they got Callie?" Marie asked.

"Yeah..." Agent 4 said depressingly.

"Cal!" Marie called out to me. "Please, snap out of it. I don't want to hurt you!"

"Just take the shades off her," Agent 4 suggested.

"Oh yeah, you're right! Hold still Cal!

Marie rushed over to me, but I swung at her with my roller. I barely missed, and Marie was able to snatch my glasses from me, giving me a sudden headache. I fell to the ground and Marie knelt down beside me.

"Callie you have to snap out of it!" she said. "I-I still don't what's going on, 4, you're going to have to lead this!"

"This is my first mission!" he cried. "I don't know what to do!"

"Please 4," Marie pleaded. "Neither of us are over our hypnosis! I have an urge to kill Callie right now and it's taking everything I got not to do it! Just defend this room until I figure something out!"

"Marie, I'm not trained for this yet!" Agent 4 complained. "Those Octos will kill me in a second!"

"And I'm going to kill Callie in a second if I can't focus on NOT KILLING CALLIE!" Marie screamed.

Agent 4 took a deep breath in, realizing the dire situation they were in. "Okay."