Chapter 5: Confrontation (Callie)

"Okay Agent 4," I said. "It's getting late, and since we still have a lot of places to look around here, we're going to split up."

"You sure that's a good idea?" Agent 4 asked.

I didn't see why not, so I reassured him. "It's okay, worse that could happen is we don't find Marie. In that case, we'd go into Octo Canyon I guess."

"Well, good luck," Agent 4 said. "I'm going to look down by the subway."

Agent 4 ran of which left me to head towards the entrance of Inkopolis Square. I walked around, looking for any signs of Marie, but she was nowhere to be found. I was tempted to go beyond Inkopolis and into the outskirts, but the last thing I wanted was for Agent 4 to think I was missing too, so I just stayed in the square. Eventually, I was ready to give up. I walked back into the middle of the plaza, then I heard a voice from behind me.

"Callie."

I turned around and saw Marie standing there with green Octoling armor. The Octarians must've forced her to wear that. It had to be them! I ran over to Marie to give her a hug, but she caught me off guard with a knee to my stomach. I fell to my knees, clutching my stomach, groaning in pain. Why would Marie do that?

"Marie..." I said. "What... was that... for?"

"You know exactly what it was for," she responded.

While I was still on the ground, Marie delivered another blow to my side, knocking me over. After that, she kicked me again, this time in the head. It left my head bleeding ink onto the ground.

"Please, Marie..." I pleaded. "Stop..."

I looked up at Marie to see her pulling her charging out from on her back. It was the same charger she always used, the one that we would win turf wars with all the time. And she was aiming it at me.

"Marie!" I called out to her. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting my revenge on you," she said.

"For what?" I asked.

What was she talking about? I never did anything to her. I was so confused. It must've been Octavio. He had to of done something to her.

"Whatever Octavio told you," I said. "It's not true!"

But Marie ignored me and pulled the trigger on her charger. Then everything went black.