Chapter 10

I lean over the table and kiss him.
"What was that for?" Billy says, smirking.
"Isn't that what boyfriends and girlfriends do?" I say, beaming with joy.
"Lets get out of here." Billy says, slapping a ten dollar bill on the table.
"Sure."

Billy drove us to his house, which was about five minutes away.
"Nobody should be home." Billy says, inserting his keys into the door.
Before he got the chance to open the door, it swings open.
"What did I tell you!" Billy's dad screams. "I will beat-" He suddenly stopped yelling when he saw me, looking startled.
"Dad, this is my girlfriend, Kate." Billy says calmly.
"Oh, hello!" Billy's father says.
"Hi." I say, a tad uncomfortable.
"It's nice to meet you, Kate. Sorry I couldn't stay for longer, I have to head to work."
I shyly smile. "It's okay." I say as he walks out of the house.
When he's out of sight, Billy sighs. "Sorry, I didn't know he was still home."
"He seems like a total jackass!" I say.
Billy chuckles. "He definitely is."

"Thanks for the ride." I say, as I exit Billy's Camaro to let Max in.
"No problem babe." He says, causing me to smile.
"Oh wow! Billy finally made a move." Max says, receiving a dirty look from her stepbrother.
I start to giggle. "See ya!" I say as he drives away.
"Hey." El says, walking away from the window.
"Hey. You hungry?" I ask. Normally I make dinner for the three of us.
"A little." She responds.
Tonight, I was planning on making some spaghetti and meatballs.
"Hey!" Dad says as the front door swings open.
"Hi." El responds, as she watches me make the food.
I don't say anything because we still weren't on the best of terms.
"Okay, come get what you guys want." I say, handing El a plate. She scoops way too much pasta on her plate, but I don't say anything.
We all get our food and sit down to eat.
El and our dad sat at the table while I had to sit on the couch. My spot was taken when El moved in with us.
"So Kate," Dad starts to say.
"Yeah?"
"Billy's not that bad, I guess." He says.
I nod my head. "He's not bad at all. He's great." I say through mouthfuls of food.
"Are you guys like Mike and I?" El pipes in.
"That's a good question." Dad says. "Are you guys dating?" He asks, turning to look at me.
I look down at my spaghetti, twirling it on my fork. "Yeah." I mumble out.
Dad just nods his head and returns to eating.

"The phones for you." El says.
I grab the dishtowel and dry my hands.
"I'll take over." Dad says, pulling up his sleeves to do the dishes.
"Hello?" I say.
"Hey babe." It was Billy.
"What's up?"
"I was wondering if you'd want to go out with me tonight. I was invited to a party and I'd like it if you'd go with me."
I think about it for a while. Partying was definitely not my scene, but I was willing to go to spend more time with Billy. "Sure." I say.
"Perfect. I'll pick you up in an hour and a half."
"Okay, bye." I say, hanging the phone up.
"Who was it?" Dad asks, drying his hands.
"Uh, Billy."
"What did he want?"
"Well he asked me to go to a party with him."
He sighs. "You're going I'm guessing?"
"Yeah." I say, scrubbing the dishes.
"I'd rather it if you didn't go. You know Barb was out at a party when she disappeared."
I roll my eyes. "Yeah but that was when the gate was open! We watched El close it. It's shut and we're safe!"
"Fine. I want you back by midnight. No later." He says, walking off to his room to change out of his uniform.

I finish up the dishes and walk to my room. I throw on a pair of bicycle shorts, a white t-shirt and a bomber jacket. I left my curly hair down and put on a little bit of makeup. I checked myself out in the mirror and honestly, I looked good.
"You look pretty!" El says.
"Thanks!" I say, sitting down on the couch, beside her.
"I like your makeup." She says. I knew El's never had a real makeover, other than her Bitchin look, so I decided to give her a new one.
"Come here!" I say, grabbing El's hand and pulling her towards my room.
"What are you doing?" She asks, giggling.
"Sit there!" I say, pointing to a spot on my bed. "I'm going to give you a makeover!"
"A makeover?" She asks.
"Yeah! I'll teach you how to use makeup and I'll give you some of my old clothes!" I say, opening my makeup box.
"What colour do you like?" I ask, showing her all of my eye shadows.
"Yellow." She says.
I apply some eyeshadow to her eyes and some lipstick to her lips. Next, I add some blush to her cheeks. Then, I run to my closet to grab a box of old clothes that no longer fit me. I found a black romper, that had accents of yellow in it.
"Do you want me to change into this?" She asks.
I nod my head.
When she returns from the bathroom, she looks like a whole different person.
"Wow!" I yell, causing her to laugh. "You look like a whole different person!" I say, now laughing. This was a major step up from all the old, boyish clothes she wore before.
"A different person." She says, smiling to herself.
"Do you like it?" I question.
She rapidly nods her head in response.
"Can I try those?" She asks, pointing to a pair of black high heels.
"They're pretty hard to walk in." I say, grabbing them.
She shrugs her shoulders and slips her feet into them.
El squeezes my arm once she gets both of her feet in the pumps, so she wouldn't loose her balance. "Woah!" She yells.
"What's going on?" Our dad yells from the living room.
"Nothing!" We both respond, laughing.
"I think I've got it." She says, letting go of my arms.
At first, she stumbles around my room, untill she finally gets it.
"Good job!" I say, clapping.
"I've got it!" She says, acting a little too confident.
As I suspected, she looses her balance and falls forward, luckily right into my arms.
"Maybe you don't got it!" I say, as we laugh.
It felt like today we were finally bonding, and it felt good.

"Okay bye!" I say, closing the door behind me and running out to Billy's car.
"Hey." He says, kissing me on the cheek.
"Hey." I say, as he speeds out of my driveway.
"You've got to be careful!" I say laughing. "My dad's the police chief."
Billy rolls his eyes and chuckles. "Nobody's going to stop me from driving fast." He says, stepping on the gas pedal even harder. "Speaking of your dad, how'd your conversation go with him?" He politely asks.
"It went really well. He's starting to grow on you."
"What did I say?" Billy says, looking at me. "Nobody hates Billy Hargrove."