Chapter 49

"Thanks for the ride Stevey!" I say as I open the passengers side door.
"Yeah no problem! We should do this again sometime!"
I look at him and smile. "For sure!" With that I closed the door and began walking up my driveway.

"Wait!" Steve called out to me from his car window.
"Yeah?" I say as I walk closer to his car.
"Kate, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time."
I look him in the eyes but he quickly looks away and begins to fiddle with his thumbs. "What's up?" I ask.
"I've-" He lets out a long sigh. "I've liked you for a long time, like for a really long time. I'm just the biggest idiot ever and I've waited too long to tell you my true feelings." He lifts his eyes from his thumbs and he stares at me, his eyes glistening in the sunlight.
"I-" I begin but he cuts me off.
"I know you and Billy have a rocky relationship, but I can promise you that would never happen with me. You deserve better Kate, and I can promise you better."
I swallow hard and break eye contact with Steve. "But-" I begin but was once again cut off. This time it was by the familiar sound of Billy's roaring engine pulling into my driveway.
"Just think about it." Steve says with a smile.
"Steve, I can't leave Billy." I say causing him to frown.
He shrugs his shoulders. "Whatever."
I nod my head and watch him slowly back out onto the road past Billy.

"Hey babe!" Billy says before he kisses me on the head.
"Hi." I simply respond. Steve brought up a good point, Billy and I do have a rocky relationship and I technically do deserve better.
"How are you?" He asks.
I shrug my shoulders. "Fine." I respond but it was a total lie. I was feeling confused, conflicted and persuaded.
Billy stops in the doorway. "Somethings up, I'm not stupid. Was it something that idiot Harrington said to you? Because I will beat the shit out of him."
I smile at him, trying my best to cover up my true emotions. "No, no. It's not that."
Billy looks at me and gives me a devilish grin. "We need to go out and have fun to cheer you up!"
"What do you have in mind?" I ask.
"Joey's throwing a party in about an hour. We can go and grab some food then head over."
I nod my head. Maybe this party will get my mind off of what Steve said to me. "Sure."

After a quick bite to eat later, Billy and I arrived at the party. We were immediately greeted by a bunch of drunk kids running up to us and welcoming us to their party.
"Billy we're so happy you could make it!" The one kid cried out.
"We're so lucky to have you! Billy I don't know if you know, but I look up to you." Another slurred out causing Billy and I to laugh.
"They're happy to see you." I say as we slip by the drunks.
Billy chuckled. "Who isn't?"
I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped him. "Let's get a drink."

We currently stood in the kitchen with a beer bottle in hand. There were many people here, but I didn't seem to recognize anybody. Billy, on the other hand was talking up a storm to everybody.
"You seem to know everybody." I say to him as I take a seat on one of the chairs.
"I don't remember half of these people. They just seem to remember me because I am quite unforgettable." He says while smirking at me.
I smile and look away out into the crowd of dancing people. Suddenly, I see Steve and he see's me.
I smiled at him and waved, trying to ignore the situation that happened hours before. "Hey." I mouthed.
Steve glared at me and turned his back to walk towards a girl sitting on the couch.
I kept my eyes on him and the random girl. Randomly, Steve started to make out with the girl. After they stopped, Steve and I made eye contact for a split second.
For some reason, seeing the girl with Steve made me feel sick to my stomach.
"Are you feeling better? Because I know I am, thanks to all of this free beer." Billy says looking at me.
I look at him and shrug my shoulders.
"You alright? You look a little pale." Billy says to me after he gets a good look at me.
"I think I'm going to go and get some air." I respond.
He nods his head. "Want me to come with you?"
I shake my head and walk out to the front porch, the opposite way Steve and the girl went.

I took a seat on the front porch and breathed in the cool fall air. I don't know why Steve making out with that girl was making me feel this way, but it was. And it was hitting me hard.
I let out a long sigh, but was startled by a man walking up to the house.
"You scared me!" I say as soon as I realize the man is walking towards me.
The man doesn't respond and instead he starts to ask me questions.
"Are you Katherine Hopper?"
"Who are you?" I ask.
"It's an easy yes or no question." The man snaps back.
I look at the man, slowly starting to realize he has Russian accent.
"I'm waiting." He says.
"Yeah I am. Who are you and why do you want to know who I am?"
"Alek. We'll see you soon." The man turns his back and walks away to his van.