Chapter 33

"I don't have a problem." He spits out at me.
"Yeah you do." I say, removing my arms from his neck. "You're acting weird, you're lieing, and I heard you're being a complete jackass."
He stares at me with cold eyes now. "I'm not acting weird, or lieing, or being a jackass!" He yells.
I let out a little laugh. "Yeah you are. Nothing's ever stopped you from taking me into your bedroom! So what is now?" I queried. "Are you hiding a girl in there or something?" I joked, trying to lighten the situation.
He stays silent for a few moments. "It's a mess, I said that already."
"Okay, whatever. Why'd you lie to me about having a job?" I question, raising my voice. "And what's got you in a shitty mood all of the time? If it's something with our relationship do not, and I mean, do not take it out on our sisters!" I say, now yelling.
Billy looks at me in shock. He's never seen this side of me before. I never really revealed this side of me unless I was extremely mad. But what could I say, I was a feisty bitch when I needed to be.
He stares at me, looking at me with anger in his eyes. I knew for a fact if I was a guy, he would have already beaten me up by now.
"So? What's your response, Billy?" I ask, folding my arms across my chest.
"I can take my anger out on whoever I want, Kate. You're not here to stop me, remember? Because you're too busy living a seperate life two hours away!" Billy yells, walking closer to me.
I now know he was acting strange and different because of me. "You said you'd be fine with me going!" I yell back.
"Well I wasn't!"
I shut up for awhile, feeling a little guilty about leaving him.
"I didn't want you to go because I've been loosing my mind without you, Kate! And I've been doing stupid, stupid things!" He says, still yelling at me.
I sit down on the couch, after he hit me with those words. I felt terrible about leaving him. If I had known that, I would've stayed.
I look at Billy who sat down beside me. "Sorry. I shouldn't have gone then." I whisper out.
He shrugs his shoulders. "What's done is done." He replies, sounding angry and pissed. He slumps back into the couch and takes a long drag from his cigarette.
"What's that suppose to mean?" I look at him knowing there's a deeper meaning behind that phrase.
He shrugs his shoulders. "It doesn't matter, does it?"
I nod my head. "Well it matters to me!"
He gives me the silent treatment, reminding me of what a child would do when they don't get the toy they want.
"Whatever Billy." I say, getting up off the couch. "I'm leaving."
I walk through the entrance way to smell that strong scent again. I've smelled that smell before and it was a type of perfume all of the girls on campus wore to impress the boys. "Who's perfume is that?" I ask.
"I don't know! Probably Susans!"
I roll my eyes. "Yeah right." I mumble out under my breath and turn to leave. When I opened the door I noticed it was pouring rain outside. "Shit."

I exit Billy's house and make sure to slam the door behind me. I walk out onto the street, as the rain pours down on me. I was confused on what to do next and where to go from here. I began to feel bad, so I turned around and walked back to the front door.

"Billy, I'm sorry I shouldn't have overreacted." I say while swinging the door open.
I open the door to see a girl standing in the door frame of Billy's bedroom.
"Shit." He whispers under his breath. "Get out Jenn." He says, looking at the girl, who I realized was Jenn.
"But Billy!" She pleads, totally ignoring me.
"Get out!" I, this time yelled.
She rolled her eyes at me. "No! I'm not listening to her!"
Billy took a step towards her. "Go."
"But Billy, what we have is really special!"
Billy rolls his eyes. "You wish. Now get out of my house and never come back!"
She did what she was told and walked past me, as I stood there in shock. I felt tears sting my eyes but I pushed past them. I promised to myself that I wouldn't cry because of a boy ever again.
"I can't believe you." I yelled, feeling like an idiot because everybody told me this was going to happen.
"I can explain."
"Screw you, Billy."
"No wait. Please, babe. I'm sorry."
I nod my head and walk out the door.
"Kate, wait." Billy followed me out half way down the driveway.
"You're a coward, Billy. How long has this gone on for?"
"I'm the coward?" Billy asks, pointing to himself in shock. "You're the real coward, Kate."
"What?"
"You're running away from everything you know! You're scared!"
I look at the ground and kick the rocks. I begin to nod my head as I look up towards him. "Yeah, I guess. I was terrified that you were going to cheat on me, and guess what? My worst fear came true."
Billy sighs. "I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. She came to me, I swear."
I know this question didn't matter, but I was still curious. "For how long?"
"It's been going on since Monday."
I nod my head. That explains why he was acting weird on the phone. "How could you?" I ask, my mood changing. "After everything we've been through, Billy!"
He runs his fingers through his hair. "I know! I know. Where does this leave us?"
I sigh. "I don't know. Just, just give me time. Okay?"
"Okay. I'm sorry and I do love you. Please believe me."
I look up at him and smile. "Okay. Goodbye Billy." I turn around and walk away.
"Shit!" I can hear him mumble under his breath.
"Shit is right." I respond without him knowing.