Chapter 36

The shadow crept closer to me, not speaking.
"Who's there?" I repeat.
"Calm down." The voice says.
Finally, the man walks under the street light, revealing his identity.
"Billy you scared me!" I say, a little annoyed.
He lets out a chuckle. "I'm sorry. I couldn't let you go the way I did."
I smile at myself even though he didn't listen to me. I specifically asked for him and I to keep our distances, but for him to come and say goodbye was very kind of him.
"It's okay." I say as he walks closer to me.
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm deeply sorry and I shouldn't have done what I did."
I nod my head. "I agree."
"Anyways, I also just wanted to say goodbye properly."
The flash of lights catches both of our attention. We look up to see that the train is slowly nearing.
"So, I'll give you some time and I'll call you in about a week, how's that sound?" He asks.
"That's fine." I yell over the loud noise of the train.
"Oh and I forgot." He starts.
"What?"
"I forgot this." He grabs me and kisses me under the street light. At first, I refuse to kiss back but I couldn't help it.
I pull away as the train pulls up and comes to a stop.
"Goodbye Billy."
"Goodbye Kate." Billy says as I turn and walk towards the doors.

I hop onto the train and take a seat. I get the feeling of butterflies in my stomach because of what just happened. It was like straight out of a movie where the man grabs the woman and kisses her under a street light. It was so romantic.

I arrive in the city around two hours later. I take a cab back to my apartment complex and quietly sneak into my apartment. I tried my best not to wake Tyler, who I assumed was sleeping.
"Hey." Tyler obviously noticed I was home as he was waiting for me outside his bedroom.
"Hey! Sorry, I hope I didn't wake you."
He flashes me a genuine smile. "No, no! Don't worry I couldn't sleep anyways." Currently Tyler was wearing plaid pyjama bottoms and no shirt, flashing his toned abs.
"How was your little getaway?" He asks me.
I shrug my shoulders. "Not great, to be honest."
"Awh, I'm sorry to hear that."
I nod my head. "Thanks. How was it here?"
He sighs. "Same old, same old."
Tyler stands in his bedroom door frame, starring at me. I stare back, getting a real good look at him. He was very handsome. "I think I should head to bed now, it's getting pretty late." I say, breaking the silence.
Tyler nods his head. "Yeah, I'll let you get to it. Good night."
"Good night."

The next school day went by extremely slow, as I was super tired. After school, I walked to my waitressing job at a restaurant downtown. Thankfully the job paid well and I got high paying tips from the customers, to support myself.
I didn't have many expenses, as school was already taken care of and the rent was cheap.

I got home around midnight, since I had to close the restaurant this evening.
I walked into my apartment to hear loud blasting music and to see many bodies dancing in my living room and kitchen.
'Are you kidding me!' I think.
"Kate!" Tyler says, raising a bottle of beer and walking over to me.
"Hey!" I say, pretending not to sound annoyed. All I wanted to do was to go to sleep after a long day of work.
"I hope you don't mind." Tyler shouts over the music, gesturing the party.
"It's fine. I just think I'm going to head to my room." If it were any other day, I would be totally cool with it. But tonight, I definitely wasn't feeling it.
"No! Come on, hang out with us! Have a drink!" He tugs at my hand and I could clearly tell he was wasted.
I smile and shake my head. "Not tonight. But maybe next time."
He sighs. "Okay, fine." Tyler turns around and walks back to the group of friends he was with.

I open my bedroom door to see a couple making out on my bed.
"Get the hell out!" I yell with a disgusted look on my face.
They both turn to look at me, with shocked expressions on their faces. "Sorry." They both mumble out as they scurry out of my room. I could tell they were very embarrassed.
I lock the door behind me, to make sure no other drunk college kids stumble into my room while I'm sleeping.
I do my nightly routine, crawl into bed and drift off to sleep.

"Babe, I'm sorry!" It was Billy.
"I can't trust you anymore!" I say, with tears streaming down my face.
"Yes you can! I'll make it up to you, I promise!" This time tears started to flood Billy's eyes.
I shake my head, causing more tears to fall out of my eyes. "Billy." I whisper out.
He closes his eyes and his head sinks to the ground, already knowing what I'm about to say next.
"Billy I think we're over."
He grabs my hand. "Kate, please."
I shake his hand off of mine and walk away from Billy who was left standing in the middle of the road, shocked.

I wipe my eyes and take a big deep breath as a car pulls up beside me.
"Get in." It was Tyler. "Did you do it?" He asks me, once I'm settled in my seat.
I smile and nod my head. "Yeah. He's broken." I felt a little bad breaking his heart, but that was apart of our plan.
"Now we can be together in peace." Tyler says, reaching over and kissing me.
I smile at him as he pulls away, feeling much happy that I was no longer with Billy.

I awake to my alarm clock ringing in my ear. I lean over and press the snooze button, giving me more time to sleep.
The ten minutes go by in what feels like seconds and the alarm clock starts blaring once again.
I roll over and open my eyes, pressing the 'off' button. I sit up straight and sigh, wishing I could go back to sleep.