Episode 2, Part 2: Dinner is Served

(A/N: This is chapter is going to be a bit heavy on the jargon, but if you are familiar with the format of the show, you're pretty much good. Enjoy!)

          Ten minutes before dinner service and everyone was on high alert. All the chefs made sure that the prep work in their respective stations were flawless and that enough ingredients were available. Jean Philippe was pacing around the restaurant to make sure everything was perfect, chairs, tables, down to the plates and cutlery.

          Chef Gordon went inside the kitchens to inspect that everything was in tiptop shape. He constantly reminded everyone of the goal, a perfect dinner service. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, line up." Everyone lined up, listening attentively to the chef's last pep talk before dinner service. "20th grand opening, I want to be celebrating by the end of this service, understood?"

          "Yes, chef!" They shouted determinedly and went back to their stations as Chef Ramsay turned to face the maitre d.

          "Jean-Philippe, open Hell's Kitchen, please."

           The dining room was filled in a matter of moments, with friends, acquaintances and celebrities. All of them are eager to get to their tables and watch the chefs in the kitchen. Every one of them secretly hoping for a spectacle inside the kitchen.

          Chef Gordon waited for the first set of orders from Jean-Philippe, tapping his foot impatiently. Finally, he delivered and read through them, going first to the blue kitchen. "On order, four covers, table 32. Are we ready?"

          "Yes, Chef!"

          "Two risotto, two scallops."

          The men get cracking. "Two risotto, two scallops heard!" Chef nodded, satisfied that the men is now communicating compared to this morning's performance.

          He grabs another ticket this time for the red kitchen. "Ladies! On order, four covers, table 27. One carbonara, two risotto, one scallop."

          The women on the hot apps station start their order calling out times on all their dishes. Heidi on the fish station dropped her scallops too early. Nobody in the red team saw that mistake.

          Chef Ramsay saw it but looked away in frustration. In a normal situation, he would have berated her on the spot, but he had to follow protocol and have the chef deliver it to him and then cause a very explosive scene for the episode. He grabbed the ticket for X's kitchen and went to her. "Ready?" X nodded, breathing deeply. "On order, four covers table 20, three risotto, one carbonara. Followed by two risotto, one scallop, one carbonara, table 22."

          "Three risotto, one carbonara, followed by two risotto, one scallop, one carbonara, heard!" She turned to the hot apps station and got all her hot pans in one stove, ready to prove to the chef that she wasn't one to be messed with.

          Satisfied, he went back to the blue kitchen to check on their progress. "Baron, where are my risotto and scallops?"

          "One more minute, chef!" He shouted back, stirring the risotto vigorously. "Scallops ready to walk?"

          "Yeah, scallops walking!" Calvin took his hot plate to the pass to be inspected.

          The instant Chef Ramsay saw the hot plate, he took it and slammed it on the table. "Hey, all of you come here. Come here!" The men scrambled towards the front, some whispered "Fuck!" under their breaths. "Fucking count that!"

          "It's missing one, Calvin!" Baron shouted at the chef. "Go fire another one!"

          Poor Calvin ran back to his station to get another one. Baron then brought his risotto to the pass. "Two risotto, chef."