Chapter 17

A/N: You all know what this means, right? If you don't, skip along~ Reader discretion is advised.

(Gordon's POV)

          I got out of the showers, wrapping all necessary bits in a white towel, and sat down at the edge of my emperor-sized bed. Cassandra insisted that we get separate bedrooms in the hotel so as to not raise suspicions. Looking around, the suite was magnificent, opulent, and definitely too big for just one person. A night here in the Hangover Suite is easily worth $2,000. I looked around at the room accented with red and mahogany furnishings, textured walls, and bright beaded chandeliers.

          Going to the fully stocked wet bar, I= looked through the shelves. Today was such a long day, but overall I enjoyed it. I get to see my darling youngest for the first time in months, checked on my restaurants in MGM and Caesar's, and spent the day with Cassandra.

          My thoughts went back to Cass. What was she doing right now? I dressed myself in a white shirt and jeans, taking a bottle of Madeira Wine and two glasses. Taking one last look at the full length mirror, I headed out. Carefully looking around, making sure there were no paparazzi that slipped through security, I rang the bell to her room. After a few moments, she opened the door and smiled. "Hi, Chef. Good evening."

          "Good evening, my darling."

          "And to what do I owe the pleasure of having you here?"

          I lifted the bottle and glasses. "I come bearing gifts."

          She opens the door wider and lets me in. She had opted for a smaller room, but Ariel had insisted on upgrading her to a suite on the same floor as mine. Even after refusing adamantly, she gave in once she saw the beautiful suite. This room was accented with dark wood and marble, plush with black couches and carpets in the centre.

            Cass leads me to one of the couches and sits down with her legs crossed. She was dressed casually in an oversized shirt and sweat pants, her hair fell loose over her shoulders and down her back. Can she look even more perfect than this?

           She pours the wine in both tall glasses and hands one to me. I raise mine. "To X, talented cook, chef extraordinaire, and a beautiful, beautiful, woman."

          That irresistible blush crept again on her cheeks as she listens to my toast. She raised her glass as well against mine. "And to you, Chef Ramsay, best chef and mentor, the sweetest person I've ever known, and the sexiest Brit with the softest blonde hair."

          I laughed and touched my glass to hers, then down the drink in one go. We laughed at our silly antics and I took the bottle this time and refilled our glasses. "Cass," I took her legs and propped them on top of my lap. She looked hesitant at first but finally relaxed.

          "Yes?"

           "Tell me more... About your past I mean. Before Wolfgang Puck and Spago." I looked deep into her mismatched eyes, searching for answers.