Chapter 15

Light shone through the curtains and hits my closed eyes, very much unwelcome to me. I turn to Cassandra and I couldn't help but chuckle. She looks wonderful even with her long hair tousled everywhere, sprawled across the pillow. My eyes roamed over her figure. I took it all in, her slender figure barely covered by the long shirt, the curve of her hips, her toned thighs and legs that was a result of years in the kitchen. Cassandra groans in discomfort and shifts in her sleep away from the light, her back to me. Her shirt had hiked up a bit, exposing part of her back. What I saw pulled me out of my half-awakened state.

          There were long, thin scars running up and down her back. I stared in horror, wondering a lot of things. How and where did she get these scars? Why did she have them? I lifted the back of her shirt as gently as I could, mortified to see that the scars covered her whole back.

          She shivers as cold air hits her back and she stirs. I quickly right her shirt and look away, closing my eyes and pretended to sleep.

          After a few seconds, I felt warm kisses cover my face. "Wake. Up. Mr. Ramsay!" She giggled as she punctuated each word with more kisses.

          I caught her in my arms and trapped her under me, pinning her hands above her head. "Be careful, Miss Cassandra. You're waking something else up other than me." I smirked and she blushes deep shades. She looks so ravishing, pinned under me like this.

         Our moment was interrupted by a sharp ring from my phone. I groan and get up, retrieving it from the nightstand. I checked the ID of the caller. It was Tilly.

          "Dad! Dad!" My youngest daughter's voice rang through my phone and I smile. My little sunshine.

          "Yes, my darling? To what do I owe the pleasure of hearing my princess's voice?"

          "Well..." She giggles and shushes some people in the background. "Don't get mad at me, alright? I already asked mum's permission. And remember that I'm 19 and am capable of making some decisions of my own."

          "I've had two other teenage daughters before you, Matilda. Now tell me what trouble are you getting into?"

           "My friends and I are going to Vegas!"

           I groaned. It's far too early for this. But she does have a point. She's a grown enough woman and she does have her own money. "Fine. Alright, my darling."

           "Thanks, Dad! Will you be there? My friends kind of want to see you as well."

          I turn to see Cassandra holding up a notebook the said "I'm going to take a shower." I nod and pouted, I wanted to go with her. I watch her walk away, her hips swinging lightly.

          "Dad? You there?"

          "Uh, yes, love. Sure. Bring them to Caesar's Palace for dinner. I'll be there."

          "Great!" There was more chattering in the background. "Oh, and Dad, my friend is like a super big fan of your shows. He was wondering if she could meet X."

          "What?" Good thing I sounded more surprised than annoyed. "A 'he'? You have a boyfriend that I don't know about?"

         "Dad, it's a boy that's my friend not my boyfriend!"

         "Good. What did I tell you about boyfriends?"

         She sighs and I could imagine her rolling her eyes. "Not till I'm 30."