Chapter 16

(X's POV)

          After an extensive tour of the Caesar's Palace, we had also gone back to MGM to check on the construction which was going all on schedule. The place was at least 70% complete and it will be done just in time for the finale of Hell's Kitchen season 20.

          Matilda called Gordon thirty minutes before 7pm to remind him of dinner and we set off back to Caesar's Palace. As we entered the restaurant, I let go of Gordon's arm. He gave me a quizzical look. I shook my head with a smile. "It's better this way. Trust me."

          "But it is very unbecoming of a British gentleman, like me."

          "You? A gentleman?" I laughed as we followed the Maitre d' to our table. Ariel had the staff prepare a special six-top round table for us, Tilly, and her friends. They were already seated, chatting excitedly among themselves.

          When the beautiful blonde teen saw her dad, she stood up and hugged him. "Hi, dad!"

          "Oh my beautiful princess! I've missed you so much." Gordon pulls away to look at his daughter. "Have you gotten taller?"

           I watched the exchange between father and daughter. It was very...warm. Something I never felt with my own father. It was a moment I could only dream of, before and even now.

           "Tilly, I want you to meet, X." He gestures towards me and I extended my hand.

           She shook it with a smile, as she studied my face. "You look pretty..."

           As if on cue, blood crept to my cheeks at the compliment. "You are way prettier than I am, Miss Matilda."

           "Please just call me, Tilly!" She still hadn't looked away from me. "Your eyes are so...bizarre!"

          I love the way she didn't hesitate at all. Her confidence is really striking. "Thank you, M--Tilly."

          "Come on, I'll introduce you to my friends. Oh! And my friend Eric is such a huge fan of yours." She tugged my hand and led us to the table.

          "What about me?" Gordon followed behind.

          "Oh yeah, sure, dad." She said nonchalantly, to which he pouted. I looked up at him with a smile to offer some comfort.

          We reached the table and the others got up as well to greet us. "Sit down, sit down," Gordon reassured them as he shook hands with them. I followed suit and learned their names.

           So there was Kylie, and her twin sister Keisha. They are Tilly's bestfriends since they were very young. And then Eric, who excitedly shook my hand. "OMG, you look so much prettier in person! I love the mask, the looks, everything! "

           Tilly turns to her dad. "See? Not my boyfriend."

            I stifle my laugh when I saw Gordon nod with a look of relief and I turned back to Eric. "Thank you very much, I'm so honoured."

            We got settled I sat between Gordon and Eric who asked me to take a couple of selfies with him. I obliged happily. I was so happy that I had a fan!

            The Maitre d' took our orders and left to inform Ariel of the VIP ticket. She instructed her team flawlessly and got to work.

            I excused myself and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and took off my mask to fix my hair, sighing. Well, the evening is going nicely so far. Everyone is so lovely. It's just that I don't feel like I belong. Like I was a stranger looking in from a window.