~Chapter 2: The Bird has Left the Nest~

I exit my room, nervous sweat dripping down my face. I go and give my mom a huge hug. "Im gonna miss you mom, I'll try and visit you as much as Mr. Stark will allow.." I whisper and hold her tight, a few tears running down her face. I wipe them away and tell her a final goodbye.

I walk down the stairs of the apartment complex, a backpack and a few suitcases with me. As I get to the door I see a black BMW, the window rolls down and I see a middle-aged man who's one the bigger side. I'm assuming he's Happy. "Hey kid, get in, I'm Happy" his voice is soft but serious at the same time.

I do so and set my bags in the pre opened trunk, getting in the backseat. I don't talk to him, only saying thank you. But, halfway through the drive he speaks, saying to me. "Tony really likes you, kid. He'll introduce you to the rest of the team tomorrow. Tonight you'll just get to meet, Dr. Banner and get to talk to Tony more".

He was a lot kinder than I originally thought, my anxiety being slightly calmed down now. "Well I hope to not let him down, I'm still in shock that he chose ME, of all the people he chose me. One of the most awkward nerdiest girls ever.." I shake my head, the idea still baffling. "Well Tony didn't do all the decision making" he looks at the mirror and back at me, the expression on his face unclear.

I nod in response and he leaves me alone for the rest of the drive, it seems as if hours and hours passed by, even though it's been only 45 minutes or so. We get to a secluded area, a lot of land around us, I look up from the dark window and see a grand larger building with the avengers logo on it. It's lit up lights surrounding the building.

Happy pulls up to the front, Tony standing at the door, "Hey there Olivia", Tony gives me a big old proud smile. I exit the car, my bags in hand, Happy driving away to who knows where. "Hey Tony" i, hide my face, trying to hide my sheer anxiety and nervousness. "When you walk into the building F.R.I.D.A.Y will greet you and she'll lead you to your room, as the A.I system can be heard all through the building and then once you settle in I'll show you the lab and introduce you to your crush" he smirks and puts his sunglasses on, heading back inside, probably heading to the lab.

Did he really just-, he really just referred to Bruce as my crush. Smooth Stark, smooth. I walk into the avengers facility, it was cold and looked professional at first glance, but the harder you look the easier it is to find stupid little things. "Good evening, Ms. Ware, may I assist you to your residence?" the voices comes out of nowhere, very robotic but definitely female, it startled me as I was cause off guard.

I jump a bit and let out a small scream. "Sorry to startle you Ms. Ware, now, may I assist you to your residence now?" I respond in a shocked hush voice, "Yes F.R.I.D.A.Y," the voice leads me to a hall with seemingly all of their rooms were located.

I open the door, F.R.I.D.A.Y told me to, and the room was pretty well sized, almost as big as my apartment. It was barren, the walls were white with a soft brand new carpet, it had a queen sized bed in the middle and a 50" inch TV on an entertainment center right across from it. I set my bags in the floor and sit on the bed, taking a deep long breath, internalizing everything about my new life.

I start unpacking my things, deciding not to get too crazy as we'll probably paint it very soon. Before I go to the lab I decide to go take a hot shower in the bathroom attached to my room. The shower was high-tech (obviously) and the water settings we're all touch screen. I set it to as hot as I possibly can without burning myself.

~ts to exiting the shower~

I exit the bathroom, styling my hair to perfection and putting on a black sweatshirt and light grey sweatpants, putting on my vans. "F.R.I.D.A.Y?" I speak up hoping the system would respond, "Yes Ms.Ware?". Yes, she responded. "Could you tell me how to get to the lab from my location?" "Of course, go down the hallway and take a left, continue going down that hallway and the lab will be on your right."

"Thank you F.R.I.D.A.Y" I smile and nod, the AI not responding. I exit my room and do as she says. Going down the main hallway, seeing all the avengers rooms, while doing so a name catches my eyes, "James 'Bucky' Barnes" . Bucky Barnes? Across the hallway from me? This must be a dream come true for me, i also have a huge crush on Bucky. I shrug it off and continue down the hall, taking a left and looking to my right before I see a giant room, with a glass wall on the hallways side. With bright florescent lights in it.

I see Tony in it talking, I thought it was someone else, but off to the left I see Bruce, working on something at the table. Robert Bruce Banner, the dude I've had a crush on since forever, one of the smartest people in the world, right in front of me. I take a deep breath, the butterflies in my stomach still going strong. I enter the room and Tony looks over and sees me, smiling. "Why hello Ms. Olivia, come and join me and Dr. Banner," him and his stupid cocky smile, he's planning something, I can see it in his face.

Bruce seems to get caught completely off guard, looking over to see me and Tony. "O-oh hi there Olivia.." his voice is soft and timid, but strong and demanding, I was practically swooning and he's barley done anything. I wave gently at Bruce, blushing as he does the same back. I can see Tony's smirk in my peripheral vision. Shaking my head at him.

"Come sit down" Tony pats the table in the middle of the room, I sit down at the end, Bruce sitting next to me, Tony across from us. My heart pounding out of my chest, the butterflies in my stomach feeling like I'll throw them up. I breathe in his scent, he smells like warm vanilla and cinnamon, his long curly hair looks so touchable, and his hands so soft.

I can feel my face heating up, Bruce caught all my attention. My mind completely blocking out everything, including what Tony was saying. I eventually notice Tony snapping in my face, and him repeating my name. "Oh shit" i whisper to myself, "Im sorry Mr. Stark, can you repeat that?". "Well Olivia what I said was that I want you to be in the lab by 10 am tomorrow morning so we can discuss projects and whatnot" he sounds annoyed and he rolls his eyes in the middle of the sentence.

"Okay Mr. Stark.." I nod subtly, getting ready to leave the lab. Tony chuckles a bit and looks back at Bruce and then at me. "Oh and by the way, your first project will be you and Bruce going out together to discuss "science"" he snickers, putting air quotes up when he says science, all the color goes out of Bruce's face, and mine as well

God damn you Tony, he knows what he's doing, and he's doing it well. I exit the lab and rush back to my room, smiling and laughing "Im going out with Bruce Banner!" I jump onto my bed, my sheets from my old bed on this new one. As I put them on when I got here. I get up and change into my pajamas, which consist of an oversized sweatshirt and cloth shorts.

I lay down in my new bed, the bed much more soft than my old one. I pull over the fluffy galaxy blanket over me, thinking about everything that happened today, how I met my crush, and how he was practically touching me, I'm working with some of the smartest people in the world, and I get to befriend the rest of the avengers tomorrow. I fall asleep with a huge smile on my face, tomorrow will be my first day working with the avengers, and it will be great..