~Chapter 5: Out Of My League~

~the next day~

I woke up the next morning, rolling over to check the time, 8:30. I rarely get up this early, but I went to sleep pretty early last night. I decided to get out of bed, throwing on a pair of dark grey sweatpants and a black fall out boy shirt. I exit my room and no one was up, not surprisingly. I walk into the kitchen and start the coffee machine, getting myself a bowl of cereal. I lean onto the cold marble island, slowly eating. Before too long I feel someone come up behind me, I see their arms wrapping around my waist and I saw the familiar tan hairy arms of Bruce. I turn my head to be greeted by his smile, "Morning doll.." he mutters, his morning voice deep and croaky, he moves his head closer to mine and kisses me softly."Morning Bruce," I smile up at him, kissing back.

He flirtatiously chuckles, his hands traveling down my body, resting onto my chubby hips. He plants a kiss on my neck unexpectedly, I hum in response. He does it a few more times, which is odd, I'd never expect a guy like Bruce to do something like this, especially this early in the day. "Bruce it's so early.." I giggle, his response just being a simple "So?..". I just shake my head, letting him continue, he slowly starts moving down my neck, now down to wear my neck and shoulder meet. I let out a small whine, feeling him smirk against my neck. I was completely dazed, but not too long afterward we were interrupted. It was Steve, "Don't you two think it's a bit early?" his voice comes out of nowhere seemingly, I jump a bit, leaning back into Bruce. "Shut it, Cap!" I shoot at him, he eye rolls and sits on the couch across from the kitchen island. "Steve what are you doing up?", Bruce pulls away from my neck, looking up at Steve. "I don't know, didn't expect to see you two fucking in the kitchen though.." he shakes his head, running a hand through his hair. "We weren't fucking!" I pout, crossing my arms in sexual frustration. Steve crashed our moment, god Bruce and I can't do anything around here. I was so ready for something to happen but noooo Steve had to come in.

"You were about to though," he mutters and crosses his legs, doing his dumb cocky smile. I pull away from Bruce, rolling my eyes, "Want a cup of coffee Cap? It's fresh," I plaster on a fake smile, covering my disappointment. "Sure why not babe," he says nonchalantly, shrugging. I could see the frustration in Bruce's eyes, "Don't call her that.." he mutters under his breath. I walk past him, whispering "Don't turn green Bruce..", I pout Steve a cup of coffee. I go and give it to him, seeing Steve staring at my ass as I walk back over to Bruce.
I could see his knuckles turning white from gripping the island so hard, "Calm down it's okay," I look at him sweetly, kissing him softly, his frustration melting away.

(Bruce's POV)

I was frustrated, more than that, downright furious. I was trying so hard to not turn into the other guy and completely destroy our relationship. She's mine, Steve has no right to call her "babe". I desperately just want to have her all to myself, no one else's. I've been too scared to say anything about making us official, I just don't want anyone else to sweep her off her feet. I mean c' mon, I'm not 6'0" foot tall, I'm not covered in muscles, I'm no Thor or Steve or Bucky. That's what scares me the most, I'm scared that she's not impressed with me, that she'll leave me for someone better. It's terrifying, I just need to find a way to get her as mine before someone else does. She's out of my league, being with a girl like her has always been a dream. But here I am, and I still don't have a reason to call her completely mine, we haven't even made it official yet.

Then it hit me, Wanda. Wanda is the only other person here who knows Olivia as well as I do. She probably knows more than me actually. "Hey, baby I need to do something I'll be back in a bit okay?", I turn to her, kissing her before wandering off to Wanda's room. I knock on the door, and it opens with her magic obviously, she looks up from her book smiling. "Hey Bruce, anything I can help with?", she sets her book down, sitting up on her bed. "Yeah actually.." I sigh and walk in her room, closing the door behind me. "So, you know Olivia better than everyone here right?" I gulp, embarrassed by this whole situation.

"Yes, and I already know what you're going to say. That you don't have hardly any romantic experience and that you don't know how to get her to be with you. Am I wrong?" she smiles contentedly, taking a sip of her tea. "Yep.." I sigh and run a hand through my hair, "I'm so stressed right now. I don't know what to do, Wanda." She simply nods and clears her throat, "Firstly, she's very a simple no-frills type of girl, definitely, don't shave for a while, she like body and facial hair, keep your hair long. She has a lot of anxiety and gets overwhelmed easily, make sure she's in a good mood and you're in a quiet place," I nod in response, it doesn't seem too hard right? Just be calm and simple, that's all it is. "Well thanks Wanda, I appreciate it," I get close to the door, my hand on the doorknob, "Mhm, of course Bruce, and make sure you don't dress up, save suits and stuff for later," she winked and smiled, I wasn't sure though so I just nodded and walked out.

Okay so, don't dress up and don't overwhelm her. That's pretty easy, right I get out into the lounge area, seeing Olivia talking to Natasha. "Hey, Liv can we talk for a second?" I cut into the conversation, seeing Nat whisper something to her before she got up."Yeah, what is it Bruce?", her voice innocent and hushed, I could just feel her anxiety dripping from her. "Just come with me okay doll?" I grab her hand gently and walk her back to my room, it was next to Natasha's because at the time Tony thought it would be a good idea. I open my door and walk her in, my room is basically the definition of zen. It has candles, soft lighting, oil defusers. It was designed to calm me, and I'm thankful for it. "Wow, Bruce..it's really pretty in here," her voice was awestruck and it was adorable. Little things like this make me fall for her more and more.

(My POV)

 Bruce appears out from the main hallway in the middle of me and Nat talking, he was gone for about 15 minutes and all of a sudden he wants to talk. That usually is not a good thing, my distress was clearly showing, and Nat noticed, "You'll be okay, remember Wanda and I are here for you. I nod and stand up walking over to Bruce, he gives me a soft reassuring smile, "Just come with me okay doll?" he grabs my hand with his unbeatable gentle grip, walking me back to what I'm assuming is his room.  He opens the door and he had candles and vinyl's galore."Wow, Bruce..it's so pretty in here," I was amazed, his room really was gorgeous. It doesn't surprise me though, keeping him calm is probably one of the team's top priorities unless of course, the other guy is needed. He nods and whispers, "Thank you, baby." He grabs my hand and sits me down onto his surprisingly soft bed. Bruce pulls me in closer to him, pressing a supple kiss on my lips. 

I kiss him back, deeper this time. I run my hands through his curls, Bruce letting out a satisfied groan in response. Before long his hands are at my hips again, "Wait, baby," he pulls away, a whine coming from me as he does so. "Before we go any further can I ask you something?", his tone was sweet, reminding me it won't be anything bad.  I simply just nod, he takes a deep breath and holds my hands, "Will you, Olivia, be my girlfriend?", I could hear the anxiety in his voice. Tears forming in my eyes, happy ones this time though. I would have never in a million years think I would be his. I wipe my eyes, "Don't cry baby," he whispers and holds me for a bit. After about 3 or 4 minutes I sniffle and look up at him, "Yes..", he was about to say something, but I lean in for a kiss. A sloppy, salty tasting one, but a kiss filled with passion and care, and dare I say, love. 

He's always been the man of my dreams, I would have never thought I'd meet him, let alone get to date him. He was always out of reach, out of my league. But that all melted away with this kiss.