~Chapter 3: Crush~

(that's Bruce's LEWK in the chapter^^)

I toss and turn in my bed in the morning, the sun light creeping through the window, I roll over and check the time on my phone, 8:30. OH SHIT ITS 8:30 I ONLY HAVE AN HOUR AND A HALF TO GET READY FOR BRUCE!

I wave of panic surges over me and I jump out of bed, rushing into the bathroom to do my hair and brush my teeth. I gaze at myself in the mirror, applying some light makeup to look better. I walk out of my bathroom, heading over to the closet, picking out a plain black crop top, black ripped jeans, a pair of fishnets, and a blue jean jacket to go with it (outfit shown above).

I sit down and play on my phone until around 9:50. Walking back to the lab, hearing the rest of the team chattering in the lounge area. They don't seem to notice me, thankfully. I enter the lab and don't see Tony, but Bruce is sure there. Boy does he look tasty. Shush it Olivia, he doesn't feel that way about you. I shake the thought out of my head and clear my throat, hoping he'd hear me.

Bruce looks up at me, he pushes his glasses up his nose again, walking out from behind the table. “Morning Olivia,” he runs a hand through his chocolates locks, putting on the cutest crooked smile. “Morning Dr.Banner”  I try so hard to not word vomit all over this conversation, first impressions are everything.

“Oh please don't call me that, it's Bruce to you do-..Olivia” he clears his throat and let's out his hand for me to shake, but I was completely caught off guard, did he almost just call me doll? I shrug it off and walk closer to him and grab his hand for him to shake, his hands are warm and soft, but his grip is firm. "Pleasure to work with you” Bruce shakes it gently as I nod, “You too”.

(Bruce's POV)

"Pleasure to work with you” I smile softly at her, her hands so delicate compared to mine. Everything about this girl is just so perfect, she already looked stunning in photos, but her beauty is only enhanced in real life. The way her blonde curls cover her face just enough, her big brown eyes lighting up every time she cracks a smile.

Shes beyond stunning to say the least, an angel with no wings. She's out of my league, by a lot. I don't ever think a gorgeous girl like her could ever like a guy like me. Oh well Bruce, keep dreaming. “Well Tony wants us to talk about science so let's do it,” I sigh and go sit down at the table, moving documents and random projects off to the side.

“Okay Bruce!” her voice was so cute and high pitched saying my name. She was ethereal, I was awestruck. I lost my train of thought as she sat down in front of me. I clear my throat, composing to courage to actually talk with her. “So what's your favorite branch of science?”, god you're so stupid Bruce. I internally eye roll at myself.

“Hmm..” The way she bites her lip in thought was absolutely adorable, she finally answers me I think astrology and biology, sub categories being gemology, oceanography, astrophysics, and planetology,” she smiles and nods proudly at her response. “Well lucky for you we have quite a few of us who go to space, so you'd be really helpful” I scratch my head, chuckling softly.

“Oh my gosh that sounds so cool! I've always wanted to go to space, but I absolutely just love studying the moon, and lunar phenomenons!” Seeing her face completely lit up just made me smile stupidly. I haven't felt like this about anyone in quite a long time, my thing with Natasha was short lived. She's been showing interest in Bucky lately anyways, but he's DEFINITELY not interested. Its hilarious actually.

“So what about you Bruce? What's your favorite branches of science?” She stood up, walking over closer to me, leaning on the table, her cute smile beaming down at me.

“Uh well, all of it really. When you have this job, having a wide range helps a lo-” I get cut off, speak of the devil, it's the infamous James Buchanan Barnes. “Hey Bruce I was gonna ask you a question, but then I saw this piece of beauty here so excuse me getting caught off guard,” his stupid grin washes over his face. Bucky is a womanizer, he could make any girl fall for him in nothing flat.