Betrayal never comes from your enemies.

----------------------------------------------

Flashback:

"You what?" I asked Hazel.

"I want to get rid of the baby." She answered.

"Why would you want to do that? I mean, I know you're young and you're not ready but you can always consider adoption!" I told her even though I know it wasn't going to change her mind. I know Hazel. Once she's made her mind up, there's no way she's going to change it.

"It's easier to do it when it hasn't reached two months yet! Please don't tell Alex. Please don't tell him that I'm pregnant. He doesn't need to know so it won't hurt him." She said.

"No, you're not gonna do it." I told her as I locked the door. I didn't know why I did, I just felt like it.

"I've made up my mind." She said. I thought about how she was feeling. She isn't one to make impulsive decisions, she always thinks about them. I just wished she thought about it well enough to know that what she's planning to do isn't right.

"You know I will eventually tell Alex, right?" I asked her. I always tell Alex everything.

She nodded. She was crying now, probably thinking about what might happen. I have to support her. No matter how wrong it was, at least she has someone to talk to about it. At least she trusted me. At least I tried to change her mind.

I left her house with a heavy heart. I thought about calling Alex and slowly break it to him but I can't do that on the phone. I wanted to tell him personally.

My head was racing, like I wanted to run as fast as I can to a place unknown to everyone.

I felt the weight of everything on me. The secrets, the lies, the burden of carrying both. I needed to go somewhere higher, wherein I could feel like I could still carry the weight of it all.

I walked into Poppie's building and went up to the seventh floor. I should've gone to her place instead but I figured I needed a bit of fresh air before doing that. I went to the balcony to watch the cars pass by but when I turned around, Stephanie was there.

"Why do you think you're better than everyone else?" She said. Woah, whatever happened to 'Hello' and 'We need to talk?'

"I only act like I think I am, but deep inside, I know that I'm not. But you, you're hiding behind that good girl façade, acting like you're the perfect girl when you really aren't." As soon as I said that, her eyes were wide open. I didn't know why I said that, but I'm guessing it was because I needed to get it out of my chest.

"Shocked? You think I don't know? You think the whole world doesn't know? While you're acting like you're all good and saintly, the whole world's playing a joke on you." I continued.

"What do you mean?"

"Quit playing, Steph. I know you. I know you had a relationship with Frank while you're still in a relationship with David. I know you can't break up with David cause you really love him but guess what? He doesn't love you as much."

"What the fuck are you saying?!" I was almost surprised to hear her swear like that, but then I remembered how she was just pretending to be a good girl.

"He's cheating on you. We saw him two weeks ago, he was coming out of another girl's house."

"That could mean anything!"

"But would a kiss mean anything else, Stephanie? Because if it did, then you have nothing to worry about." I told her.

And then she slapped me. Hard. I've never been slapped before, and I didn't think you would feel a certain kind of numbness after you have been slapped.

"Why? You're afraid to hear the truth? Why don't you call him? Let me talk to him, and you'll get the answer right out of him." I told her.

And then she slapped me again.

"Slap me all you want, Steph. It doesn't hurt at all. But you know what hurts more? Being slapped with the truth. I know you're hurting deep inside, more than I ever will. Which is why I won't hurt you back." I replied.

"Do you always have to justify your actions just so people would think that you're not as bad as you really are? Do you think people don't hate you? They all hate you, Winter. They just don't say it to you because you're holding way too much information that they're scared you'll tell everyone if they did. People pretend to like you just because you hold that much power over them. Everyone will be happy if you disappear. Why? Because no one will talk about them behind their backs anymore. Their secrets will die with you." As soon as she said that, she started hitting me non-stop.

The next thing I know, my back was against the baluster, and then I was falling.

"Oh my God!" I heard her say.

It was the ten seconds of my life. In that moment, I was calm. And then everything was black. The next thing I know, I was in the hospital, looking at my own lifeless body. My face looked calm, like my mind state before I hit the ground.

I knew that dying will bring peace of mind to everyone. But eventually, they would find out that even after I've died, their secrets are still alive.

(End of flashback)

----------------------------------------------

Hiiiii thank you for reading!! And please comment and vote if you want to :)

Sorry for the late update, btw. I needed motivation to write.

This story will only have 15 chapters (maximum) so expect longer chapters til the end!

PS This story still doesn't have an update schedule, but most likely, I will update once a week. I'm trying to focus on writing Switched (which has 12K votes now, Thank you!!!!) and I'm trying to finish it before December starts so please bear with me. I'm also working on a new story so I have to organize everything in my head.

Thanks!!!