People will move on from you and be happy.

***none of this really happened in real life***

[FLASHBACK]

"Today and tomorrow have two things that set them apart from each other: the sunset, and the sunrise. If you think about it, tomorrow will happen later. It's just that in a few hours, the sun will rise and it will seem like it's a brand new day." Matty said as he devoured the cheeseburger that we bought earlier.

We were on top of a hill, overlooking the city. He brought me here, saying how it would be cool to just watch the cars and not think about anything for a while.

"Why do your friends hate me?" He asked. I know what he meant, but I pretended like it was difficult for me to understand.

I hate it when he calls them my friends. It's not like they weren't friends with him, it's just that I happened to be closer to him than anyone is.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean..."

"They don't... hate you, it's just that... they don't think you're good for me. I mean, not that you have to be." I explained. I didn't want him to think that I needed permission from them. It's not like we were dating or anything.

"But do you believe them?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes. God, I love his eyes.

For a few seconds I was just staring at him, probably unworthy of his gaze, but I looked at him anyway.

"If I believed them, would I be here with you?" I told him. For countless times, they have told me to stay away from him. I couldn't blame them, I knew he really wasn't good for me.

But something about him just makes me feel...vulnerable. Unlike chick flicks, I'm not going to talk about how I was hypnotized by him, (not that he needed some kind of power to alter my state of consciousness,). I knew what I was getting myself into, I just didn't want it to stop.

What's the word I was looking for? Oh, right. Hope. A spark of hope that maybe, just maybe, this time, he was going to fall for me like I did for him.

You see, the first time I decided I was in like with him was during Sophomore year. He had a girlfriend back then so I didn't really have a chance. Not to mention his hidden liking for Stephanie, I was, undeniably, at the bottom of his girl list. A list so long that if you rank every woman he knows, I'd desperately be hanging off the bottom of the paper.

Me and Stephanie were terribly close back then, so close that I decided to tell her all of my secrets-- including the one involving my crush, Matty. I wouldn't say she spilled it, but she leaked a bit of information that something slipped while stepping on it. That something being my nonexistent relationship with Matty.

I know it wasn't her fault and I couldn't blame her for it, I was acting pretty obvious that I liked him back then and it would be hypocritical to hate her for not keeping my secret because well, you all know that that's one skill I could never, ever master, up until the afterlife.

So anyway, things got awkward and decided to take a sharp turn. I wasn't one of those girls who wanted to live a cliché teenage life, but then it happened. I was one of those stupid girls who fell in an unrequited love with their bestfriends.

No, I'm definitely not lesbian, I'm talking about Alex. I mean, come on. We hang out every single day after school just to talk about how we see life in all of it's forms! I love how he describes things to the point wherein it feels as if you were seeing the world through his eyes.