Chapter 6

The paramedics took Sana's body away.

"Tzuyu." Jeongyeon helped her walk to the car.

"I was too late."

"It's alright."

"I couldn't save her."

"Don't beat yourself up because of it. You must be cold..."

"I'm not cold. I just..."

"You'll be okay."

"Easier said than done."

"You can stay with me for now."

"...okay." Jeongyeon sighed. Even if she doesn't look like she's the youngest, she's still the youngest in Twice. She's like a little kid that needs to be protected at times.

—————

"Jeong, what happened?" Nayeon asked as Jeongyeon walked out of the room Tzuyu was staying in.

"I was too late." She looked down at the picture. Sana was gone, both in the picture and in real life. The 7 turned into a 6, meaning only 6 of them are left. "I don't... I don't know what I should do." Jeongyeon sat down and burrief her face into her hands.

"I'm here for you." Nayeon sat down next to her and hugged her. "I'll always be here for you."

THE NEXT DAY

It was all over the news.

MINATOZAKI SANA, A FORMER TWICE MEMBER, DIED A DAY AGO

"Following the death of their other former group mate Myoui Mina who died from a bombing a month ago, Sana of TWICE was killed unexpectedly. This is the third TWICE member that died. Son Chaeyoung was killed the day of their disbandment. The police are investigating this case because we're starting to think that the TWICE members are being targeted." Jeongyeon turned the TV off.

"Do you need anything, Tzuyu?" Tzuyu sat on the couch, gripping the drink that Sana bought her.

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay. Just tell me if you need anything. Nayeon's coming over later, by the way."

"Okay." Jeongyeon looked at her worriedly before walking away.

"Tzuyu's always been the type to hide how she really feels. She seems expressionless but I'm sure she's just trying her best to conceal her emotions." Jeongyeon thought. "Tzuyu lost Chaeyoung, Sana, and Mina... we're all going through it but she has it the worst."

Later That Day

"How's she doing?" Nayeon asked.

"I don't really know. She's been playing her guitar since the day started."

"I didn't even know she could play."

"Same here."

"She must feel horrible right now."

"I think she does."

"You're not going to do anything about it?"

"I will... but for now, I think she needs space."

Two Evenings Later

Sana's funeral just ended. Tzuyu was on Jeongyeon's balcony playing guitar, while Jeongyeon and Nayeon were talking.

"You need to talk to her. It's been too long since she's been like this."

"What makes you think she'll want to talk to me? Why can't you do it?" Nayeon looked down.

"She'd rather talk to you. So... go. Only you can do it, Jeongyeon."

"Okay."

—————

"Tzuyu..." Jeongyeon put her hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?" Tzuyu looked up. Jeongyeon's eyes widened in shock once she saw Tzuyu's facial expression.

"I'm fine." She said while smiling. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. There was obvious pain shown in her eyes. Jeongyeon looked down.

"So... it's to that extent, huh?" She thought as she sat down next to her.

"I can handle it." Tzuyu buried her face in her hands. "It's fine, It's fine... I'm fine! It doesn't hurt... I'll be okay...."

"No." Jeongyeon rubbed her back. "You can't handle it. It's not okay and you're not fine."

"I'm trying-"

"Stop. It's useless." Jeongyeon looked down. "I thought the pain would go away if I told myself that I was okay too. It won't, trust me. You need to embrace the fact that you're hurt."

"I just... I miss them."

"I know, Tzuyu."

"It could've been anyone... w-why did it have to be them?"

"I'm sorry."

"Why is it so unfair? Just two months ago, I was getting into fights, getting scolded by Mina and Sana, feeling loved by them even if I didn't deserve it... But now, they're both gone."

"It's my fau-"

"And don't tell me it's your fault because we both know it's not!" Tzuyu looked down. "I let Chaeyoung run away from us. I could've stopped her... if I did, then she wouldn't have gotten shot. She wouldn't have died."

"Tzuyu-"

"If I made sure Mina was safe while we were running, she wouldn't have gotten crushed."

"Tzuyu-"

"If I didn't let Sana leave by herself, she wouldn't have gotten killed! It's all my fault. It's all my-!"

"Tzuyu!" Jeongyeon sighed. "I know, I should be listening to what you're saying but... it hurts me to know that you've been feeling this way. If I didn't fail as an older sister, none of this would've happened."

"So this is how Nayeon felt... I mainly feel bad for her. I don't know what to tell her or what I should do." Jeongyeon looked down.

"I don't know, Jeongyeon. I don't know how I should feel. They're gone... and not even temporarily. They're gone and I'll never see them again."

"I know. No one will ever see them again and that's what hurts me the most. We're like family so we're all hurt by the deaths of our members. But I understand if it hurts you the most. You lost TWICE, your group, Chaeyoung, your best friend, and even Sana and Mina, people who are like older sisters. They're all really important and special to you so if you feel pain, it's normal. Don't be afraid to let it out, okay?" Jeongyeon got up. "Don't forget that I'm always here for you, Tzuyu. I'm another older sister, right?" She turned around and started to walk away.

"No." Tzuyu got up. "To me... you're my favorite older sister. You were never a failure and I'm happy you talked to me." Jeongyeon smiled softly and nodded. She closed the door and met up with Nayeon.

"How'd it go?"

"It was good, thankfully."

"Good because you're about to get another problem."

"Eh?"

"You'll see."

—————

The Next Day

"Why is... everyone here?" Jeongyeon asked. Momo, who decided to move back to Korea after Sana's death, was there. Dahyun was there too.

"Well... we were right. You need someone else to help you with this mess." Jeongyeon's eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't tell me..."

"Hello, Yoo Jeongyeon." Jihyo said with an equally angry expression on her face.

"Jihyo."