Chapter 21

"We'll find it, okay?"

"I just... don't know what to do. What if someone's in danger right now? How would I know?"

"Call them. Text them. Check their locations..."

"But... the picture guides me."

"Okay, if we have to spend the whole day looking for that picture, I won't mind. But make sure you're checking on them at the same time."

"Okay."

Calling: Chou Tzuyu

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"At home."

"Is Sana with you?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Just making sure..."

"...okay?"

"Alright, bye-"

"Actually, can I come over?"

"With Sana?"

"No. Just me."

"Are you sure? You don't want to bring Sana... just in case?"

"Just in case what?" Jeongyeon sighed.

"Nevermind. Come over if you want to."

"Okay, I'll be there."

"Bye, Tzuyu."

"Bye."

"She's coming over?" Jeongyeon nodded.

"I don't know why. She just wants to."

—————

"You're trying really hard to save us from something dangerous, right?"

"Uh... technically, yeah?" Tzuyu took a deep breath.

"Can I join?"

"Join what?"

"Saving the rest of the members. I can't stand just watching as they get killed, one by one."

"Nayeon's gonna kill me if I let you join me." She whispered.

"Please? I want to save the members too... and it looks like you're having a hard time keeping us all in check."

"I am having a hard time but... I don't want you to deal with my problems."

"But I want to deal with your problems."

"You're gonna get injured... a lot."

"That's fine."

"No, it's not."

"Are you worried that I'll be a burden."

"No, I don't want you to get hurt... or worse."

"But if it's for the sake of our members..."

"Tzuyu, no."

"You feel guilty about not being able to save them, don't you?" Jeongyeon's eyes widened. "You think it's your fault they died. You're blaming yourself for everything... And I guess you don't want that kind of burden on my shoulders." Jeongyeon looked down.

"It's better if I just take all of it. I don't want you to feel even more pain... I don't want you to think it's your responsibility to keep everyone out of danger. It's better if it stays like this."

"That's where you're wrong."

"What?"

"I know how it feels. The feeling that you failed, even if it's not your fault. The feeling that you're responsible for everything that happens... I, unfortunately, have those kind of feelings too. I'm not sure if anyone else does, which is why I'm the only person that can help you. I can lighten the load, we can even share it."