Chapter 36

"Tzuyu'll be fine." Jeongyeon smiled. "She only got shot once, the rest of injuries came from the events before you arrived. She would've died if you didn't appear."

"That's a relief." Nayeon sighed.

"But you would've died too, if Tzuyu wasn't able to fight. Her strength surprises me at times."

"Same. We should probably visit her in the hospital."

"Then let's go."

—————

"That place wasn't their real hideout."

"I figured... it seemed a bit small for a rich gang leader. It literally looked like an abandoned warehouse."

"Were you able to see if the man I shot in the leg was their leader?"

"It's not. All of them were arrested but that man's not their leader." Jeongyeon sighed. Tzuyu looked down.

"Ah... okay."

"It's the man who almost killed Mina. After seeing the pictures, Mina said it was him. So don't think your efforts went to waste. Good job, Tzuyu." Tzuyu smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. But I do think I need a break from all of the action. My biggest injury was the gunshot so I should be fine and out of the hospital soon."

"That's good. Can you walk though? Did you sprain your ankle or anything similar?"

"No, it was just badly bruised. I should be walking fine once I get discharged."

"Alright. Well, make sure you keep someone with you at all times. You'll never know, maybe the enemy will come back."

"I know. I'll be careful now." Jeongyeon smiled.

"That's my girl. I'll be going now. Bye Tzuyu. Feel better soon."

"Okay. Bye."

—————

"I know that Nayeon's next, and that's making me anxious because I don't know if they'll just kidnap her to turn her away from me again. And if they do, how am I supposed to stop that? I might have to really fight in order to save her." She looked down.

"What's worrying you now?" Jeongyeon looked up.

"Huh? Oh uh... nothing much. I'm just anxious." Nayeon sat next to her.

"About what?"

"This." Jeongyeon handed her the picture.

"You stare at this for hours."

"Because I'm waiting for something to happen. I know it's gonna happen but this usually tells me if it'll happen anytime soon."

"So it's magic?" Jeongyeon shrugged.

"I don't really know."

"So if I were to... rip it, nothing would happen?"

"Eh?!" Nayeon tried to rip it but she couldn't.

"Wow, that's either some really tough paper or it really is magic." She handed the picture back.

"Why was I so sure that I could save everyone else but when it's Nayeon... I'm so anxious?"

"Nayeon."

"Hm?"

"Can't you just stay by my side?" Nayeon sighed.

"I'm next, aren't I?" Jeongyeon looked down. "It's fine. I trust that you'll be able to protect me, right?" Nayeon smiled. "Is that what you were anxious about?" Jeongyeon nodded.