10

We lined up at the cash register, and the boy was looking around at where the candy was stored. He grabbed a small packet of some chocolate called Yorkie, and added it to the cart.

"These are so good." he smiled as his eyes looked at the chocolate.

"Never had them before." I shrugged. His jaw dropped sarcastically, and then he proceeded to throw a second one in the car.

"How dare you, that's like, my childhood sweets." he crossed his arms playfully, before taking out his credit card to pay. 

We packed the groceries in the car, driving back home right after.

"We're home." Sam announced as he opened the door widely holding the big bag of groceries he insisted it was fine to carry on his own.

"Finally. Cook now, we're all starving." Paddy joked. I giggled as we both headed to the kitchen and took the groceries out.

Sam took out the vegetables, and told me to start peeling some. He peeled the others, and while we talked, we worked on the meal. We laid them all on a tin pan, and seasoned them. Then Sam started to spice the beef, before laying it on a tin pan. He put it in the oven, setting a timer for 2 hours. Meanwhile we went to go see what the other boys were doing.

They were watching Love Island, I heard Tom was obsessed with it.

"How long will we have to wait?" Paddy snapped his head away from the TV to us.

"2 hours." Sam replied when he hopped on the couch. I reluctantly joined him, and we joined in watching the show.

- - -

"We made too much food." Indeed it was too much. I felt like I was about to burst. Sam and I were sitting on the couch, trying to wash it down.

"Lets walk around the neighbourhood. You and I both know we need some fresh air." He stood up to grab my hand. We exited his house, and began to walk on the pavements, with no direction to go. The streets were illuminated by the lamps standing on the sides, and the dimly lit stars floating in the sky. The sound of crickets chirped around us. And it was true, the fresh air was helping.

"So tomorrow.... you're leaving?" He asked. I nodded softly.

"Pity.. I wish you live in town." Sam lowered his head.

"Hey, I promise things will be okay. We'll try to visit each other, right?" I lifted his head with my hand, and a fragile smile formed on his face.

"Yes, and you'll be visiting my mind often." he smirked, and a horrible blush crept on my cheeks.

"Shut up!" I playfully slapped his chest, while hiding my face from him. I felt his long fingers reach for my chin, gently pulling it back to face me.

"I'm not joking." he spoke softly.

"I will be thinking about you... and how much I'll miss you."

He leans in giving me a soft, sweet kiss, under the lamp post.

Cliché, but I love it.

- - -

Hey guys so my updates are going to be a lot slower, I am very stressed at the moment and my brain can't work properly, thank you if you choose to be patient. I'm thankful to all my readers out there for giving this book a chance, and I am thankful to those who are willing to wait. I'm very sorry again, and thank you again. Love you~