17

"Is that Sam or something?" Noah noticed me staring at the group of friends. I realised I was staring too long, to the point my jaw was tightly clenched and my fists balled up. I turned to Noah, and sighed.

"Yes, I don't know if I should go talk to him." Seeing him hanging out with beautiful people, all rich, well dressed and chins up with confidence, made my own confidence drop. 

"He's your boyfriend, you shouldn't be afraid to talk to him." Noah replied. Nodding, I slowly began to push through the sweaty, dancing crowd. Sam was now drinking a beer while talking to one of the guys. After contemplating whether I should talk to him or not, I began walking towards him, and luckily he noticed me. I watched his almond eyes light up, almost as if his pupils dilated, and his pink lips stretched into a big smile. 

"(Y/N)!" my name left his mouth in the sweetest tone. It made me forget what Noah said about us. All those bad thoughts doubting the relationship left my mind, and focused on what was happening right now. My heart was beating like a jackhammer, and my eyes wouldn't leave his. I approached him, and he pulled me into a kiss.

His hands softly cupped my cheeks, and immediately, I wrapped my arms around his neck, allowing myself to move closer to him. His lips tasted of alcohol, which was no surprise for we were in a club. They were tender, and he kissed me in a delicate manner.

This was what my heart lacked. The weeks we spent apart felt like years. He was on my mind all the time, and I wondered, was I ever on his mind? This kiss confirmed it, this kiss stopped all my doubts and made me believe he felt the same. I completely forgot about where we were, and who was with us. 

Slowly, I pulled away, and saw the small smile he had on his lips. 

"I missed you," he whispered through the loud music.

"I missed you too." I had a lot of questions to ask, but I wasn't thinking straight anymore. I was just glad he was here. His eyes left mine, and drifted to a girl who walked towards us. 

"Hey Sam, who's this?" Scarlet said, her voice cocky and high-pitched. 

"Scarlet, my girlfriend, (Y/N). (Y/N), Scarlet, a friend who goes to the same college as us." 

"It's so nice to meet you, (Y/N)." The blonde clearly faked a smile as she extended her hand to me. Hesitating, I took it, and watched her smile turn into a grimace.

"It's nice to meet you too.." 

"(Y/N), do you want something to drink?" Sam asked as I pulled my hand away.

"I think I'll just have some water." I shrugged. He nodded and went to the bar, leaving me and Scarlet alone.

"So, Scarlet, what are you-" Before I could finish my sentence, the bitch interrupted me with threatening word.

"Listen here, you slag. You might be dating the Sam Holland, and clearly, he doesn't want you and it was all out of pity. It may explain the dry texts he sent you. Why do you think he hangs out with people completely different from you? You're clearly not his type and he wants me. He's mine, so back off, git. Now you're going to go home and piss off, because I am not letting you have him any longer. You're only in my way."  

My heart shattered at her words; I didn't know whether to believe them or not. They felt so real, and once they entered my head, they aren't going to leave. The moment I stopped worrying about my relationship, there's always something that will make things worse. And now, that something is Scarlet. As insecure as I already am, she's just making things worse. She's right, she's much prettier than I am, and Sam does hang out with people like her. Was Sam really dating me out of pity?

With tears in my eyes, I leave without saying anything. Sam doesn't see me, he was counting coins for the bartender. I exit the club, and burst into tears on the steps. I hear the doors open one more time, and quickly glance back, seeing Noah. 

"You alright?" he asked. I nodded, and lied, saying I was drunk.

"Just take me home, Noah." 

- - -

GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2.3K READS!!! It's been a while, and I am finally back with updates more regular. Thank you for those who were patient with me, I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, thank you for reading. Stay safe and wear your masks! Love you~