episode 3

constance had heard the breaks of a speeding car coming to a halt, it seemed to echo throughout the entire house. despite telling him to leave and never return, she was still worried that michael was involved with the commotion going on outside. so she rushed to the door and swung it open, only to see a young girl getting into her car and speeding away. quickly going out on the front garden she looked around but could not spot michael anywhere. her heart ached slightly, she did tell him to leave but he was her grandson after all. looking over to the old, rustic house across the street she could not help but narrow her eyes. it is that damn house that caused all this shit in her life, no matter if that was not the case in some matters she would still blame that house. everything always came back to that house anyways. as she stared at it she came to a realisation. if you couldn't beat it, why not join it? and join it she would.

                       2015

it was silent for a little while after eve had let it slip that michael was the antichrist. she just stared at the boy sat across from her, he was clearly trying to process what he had heard and was evidently finding it hard.

"okay" eve began breaking the silence "maybe being blunt was not the way to go, then again i did not expect you to be so" she paused attempting think of a gentle way of expressing her thoughts. "stupid" she clearly failed. but it did not seem to matter as the boy across from her appeared to not even respond to her words, it seemed he was not listening at all. "michael" she called out to him, but still no answer. she did not even receive a glance. sighing, she began to get frustrated. suddenly she began to bang her right hand on the table between them as she called out to him "attention michael hello!" flinching at the loud noise he looked over at her and the look she received actually softened her slightly. he looked, scared? his eyes were glassy, as if he were about to cry. eve quickly rose to her feet and sat next to him as she put an arm over his shoulder. he immediately rested his head in the crook of her neck as he began to cry. "iam sorry, i did not mean to make you cry" she rubbed his back in an attempt to calm him down. eve had forgotten that michael had not experienced anything but life with his grandmother. everything he knew was in that house with her and she had kicked him out not 2 hours ago. she suddenly felt guilty and thought how she approached the situation in completely the wrong way. they may have appeared to be the same age but in reality, he had no experience of the world. pulling him up to be face to face with her, eve cradled his face in her hands as she wiped away his fallen tears with her thumbs. "are you hungry?" michael nodded immediately at her words which made her chuckle as she removed her hands from his cheeks. standing up she was stopped by him clinging to her left hand tightly with both of his. turning around she knelt down in front of his chair and placed her right hand on top of his. "iam just going to make you some food alright? do you want to wait in the living room for me?" he shook his head to say no quickly before replying

"no, i want to stay here with you" eve was slightly shocked at his words but gave him a smile of reassurance. she was not surprised that he decided to cling to her, he had no one else and knew nothing of the world at this point.

"okay you can stay here, what would you like?" still gripping onto her hand, he sniffled as he thought of what he wanted.

"could you make something with eggs?" eve smiled once again and nodded before standing up but michael refused to let go of her hand.

"i need that to cook" she looked down at her left hand and michael let go reluctantly. he felt safe with her, he had a feeling that she would take care of him. with his grandmother no longer wanting him around he had no one and nowhere to go. but as he watched the woman in front of him begin to make him food he felt a kind of, connection to her. he had to trust and rely on her, because where else could he go?

meanwhile, mallory was sat in her car in an abandoned parking lot trying to think of a way to get herself out of this timeline so she could start again. but something was trapping her here and she had no idea where to even begin thinking about who knew of her plan. frustrated, she let out a huff before banging the sides of her closed fists against her steering wheel. opening the door and slamming it behind her she walked around for a while hoping that a plan would somehow pop into her head. however with no idea where michael is now, she had nothing.

"my dear" she heard a voice suddenly which made her whip her head in it's direction. she was met with a familiar blonde woman but of course, she had no idea who mallory was.

"coredelia" she replied a little breathless, the woman seemed shocked that the girl knew and mallory quickly came up with an excuse "i uh- know of your work"

"my work?" cordelia began as she strode closer "did not realise i was famous" she joked before continuing on "you looked stressed, it would be unkind if i did not offer to lend a hand" mallory decided that it would be best to tell the truth to cordelia, after all she was the current supreme and if she was stuck on this timeline the younger girl would need her help.

"yes, i do need your help. but may we talk somewhere a little more, private?" cordelia had assumed the strangers car had broken down but upon hearing her request she was immediately intrigued.