episode 6

update:

i know it's been a while since this book was updated, i grew out of it. but out of curiosity i came back in and realised so many wrong things about this book. first of all my depiction of eve is just wrong. i was taking a philosophy a level at the time and was deeply interested in the story of adam and eve and, of course, the way i described eve is absolutely wrong iam so sorry about that. also i feel like this was so half arsed and it's not that deep but it was. i found this part of a chapter in the drafts so i'll upload this part. just know i've decided to take the religious aspect of the character of eve away, she was only loosely based on her but i fear i won't be able to do it respectfully and correctly.

"extraordinary" cordelia comments as she watches mallory undo a deers injury  bringing it back to life. the animal hops back off into the wild and mallory stands back up to face the supreme. "i must say your powers are remarkable- but iam still confused as to why you have come to me with this story of the boy. i, however, did what you requested"

"thank you cordelia. he is dangerous, he will bring on the end of the world" a snort sounds from queenie who walks up to the pair.

"i doubt it" she states as she reached them.

"can anyone in this place mind their own business?" mallory questions making quennie raise her eyebrow

"excuse me?"

"that's enough!" cordelia declares before continuing "is there anything you need queenie?"

"theres a freaky woman and a blonde kid here to see you"

———————————————————————

48 hours earlier

michael keeps a close eye on the meeting happening in the kitchen. he remains outside the open door with his back towards the people inside. after what happened to eve last time when others decided to pay a visit, he was not taking any chances with wondering too far away.

"ms reign, it's a death wish" a man in a hooded cloak sat at the table claims in a surprisingly calm tone. eve simply remained expressionless with her arms folded.

"it must be done, now i know the culprit i want this matter taken care of" at the mention of a culprit michael sprung into action and turned to enter the kitchen

"you know who attacked you eve?" his speech was rushed and he came right to her side. eve's demeanour softened at his arrival and gave him a gentle smile

"why does your assistant or guard or whatever he is think he is allowed to join the meeting?" the tone of the woman's voice boiled michaels blood, his face going sour immediately.

"laura, this man has more right to be here than you. and be careful with your words will you, he has the power to snap your neck at the click of his fingers" the dirty blonde looked to floor at the words and did not dare to say another word. turning back to michael eve spoke again "take a seat next to me michael, i will explain-everyone else get out for the time being meetings over" as the others left michael sat right next to the eve waiting for her to begin talking.

"well?" he urged. sighing eve grabbed both his hands, running her thumbs over his knuckles

"do you remember a couple weeks back, when i first met you?"

"when you saved me?"

"right- well the person i saved you from is going out of their way to find you again. and it's working" his grip in eve's hands suddenly tighten and it's evident he looks a little scared

"b-but it's fine i h-have powers"

"yeah you do, but we'll have to push up the training alright. we have to prepare you to take them on head to head and then we'll truly take over this world and make it our own yeah?"

"i l-like the sound of t-that" eve felt her heart tighten, he was clearly frightened. but she knew he would be able to take control of his powers, he's done it on another timeline he can do it now.

"i'll protect you michael, i promise my life on it"

———————————————————————

24 hours before the storm

"whores"

"michael langdon!"

"sorry eve"

"i apologise for him, where are people's manners today right?"