episode 4

"so you mean to tell me, we have met before?" cordelia was finding mallory's story a little hard to believe. it was not as if the girl had seeked her out, coredelia had approached her and yet they apparently knew of one another?

"yes but we-we were on a different timeline" mallory was almost frantic in her story telling, she needed the blonde to believe her. "there's a boy, michael langdon. he caused the end of the world-" cordelia chuckled at her and held her hand up to make mallory stop her ramblings

"i will stop you there. this is utterly ridiculous and i for one-" in an act of panic mallory raised her hand and in one swift motion made a chair in the dining room they occupied fly through the air and crash against the wall. cordelia whipped her head in its direction and immediately stood. "you are one of us?" it was supposed to be a statement but came out as a question and the younger nodded in response and also rose to her to her feet.

"i know this is a strange situation, but iam telling nothing but the truth" coredelia walked over to be face to face before gently grabbing the others face between her hands.

"iam not sure whether or not your story is fact but you are one of us and you will reside with us here." mallory smiled slightly and let out a breath, she knew cordelia would be able to help her all she needed to do now was convince her that events with langdon was real. "let us sit, and tell me your story once more"

———————————————————————

as michael finished his meal, eve decided it would be best to explain everything to him calmly. no bluntness, ambushing him was clearly not the most effective way of business.

"michael have you ever noticed any, special gifts that you are to able do?" eve almost cringed at her childish explanation but knew that he most likely knew nothing of his abilities yet

"what do you mean by gifts?" he asked as he set his cutlery upon his now empty plate. it was clear that eve would have to guide him massively in order to get him to his full potential.

"come with me"

she offered her right hand as she stood. michael placed his hand in hers before standing also. eve led them out of the kitchen and through a series of corridors that were painted a deep red. no decorations graced the walls and every turn made it seem as if the pair ended right back where they started. it was almost as if she were taking him through a maze as they walked around her home but eventually they made it to what appeared to be a dead end. attempting to take her hand out of michaels she was stopped by his strong grip. she turned towards him and chuckled lightly before using her left hand to push against the red wall in front of them. as if by magic, a rectangular shape appeared in the wall and eve pushed harder as the edges of it glowed a deep yellow. suddenly, there was a walkway leading to a spiral staircase that led deep beneath eve's mansion. the woman made a move forward but was stopped when michael made no attempt to follow. still hand in hand, she turned her entire body towards his direction before moving close to him.

"do you trust me?" her voice was soft and she gave michael's hand a gentle squeeze in an attempt to comfort him. he nodded as a reply and eve smiled before turning away and leading him down the set of black metal stairs. as soon as they entered the walkway closed up making michael look back at it. the entire place began to light up make him whip his head back around. he was amazed, the entire area seemed to match the size of the mansion. it was one huge basement with grand book shelves that covered the walls matched with massive marble tables.

"this place is-" michael began as the two made their way down the spiralling stars. "amazing" eve smiled at his words and led him to one of long marble tables that occupied the room. once he had sat down at the chair closest to the end, eve let go of his and remained stood.

"michael i think it's an awful shame what you grandmother did you" the woman began as she walked to stand behind him. the blonde was deeply confused as to why she was unexpectedly bringing up constance but it was making him upset. "leaving you to fend all by yourself in a world you have barely seen" michael did not even know how the woman knew all of this but he wanted her to stop talking, it was all so sudden

"i don't want to talk about-" immediately he was cut off as eve ignored him and continued her narrative

"i mean she just kicked you to the curb, blood related and she threw you out. heartless really" the boy felt this burning hot rage race through his veins and he gripped the the table in front of him as he began to shake. "maybe you should teach her lesson, or i could do it for you. she deserves at least at little beating for how she treated you" the lights in the basement began to flicker violently and the tables began to shake as michaels eyes turned black. eve leant in close to michael, lowering her head to his right ear as she pushed even harder. "maybe she should just die"

suddenly the bulbs were blown one by causing a series of loud pops but eve did not flinch. she did not even blink as the tables were flipped along with the chairs almost breaking them. eve did not even move her head from michaels ear as every single book on the tall shelves flew
into the air and pages were ripped from the seam. silence then filled the library, except from the heavy breathing coming from michael  as his eyes returned to blue.

"i-iam so sorry" the blonde let out as he began to calm down, instantly he was back to himself and all he saw was the mess. the table once in front of him flipped over along with all the other and pages from books spread all over the floor.

"there is no need to apologise" eve stated as she walked from behind his chair to kneel in front of him, the sound from her shoes clicking echoed. she grabbed his hands that shook in his lap to try and calm him. "now you see the true power you behold"