The Truth and Nothing but the Truth

Chrissy's POV

We're standing around a table loaded with guns and while Lorenzo is updating his men on the attack. I'm staring at this man obsessed with his ass. I can't stop thinking about last night and how he fucked me six ways to Sunday.

I can't even focus because I just want to sit on his face but I know now is not the time.

During our time of devising a plan. Tony was able to track down Rico's whereabouts. He was right under our nose in New York City.

Before we put this plan into action...I had to sneak out and handle some business. Lorenzo's going to be pissed but I needed to do this.

***Riding In a UBER***

It took me 30 minutes to get to this place. I walked in a took everything out my pocket and was wanded down by the guard.

"Please take a seat, Ms. Leathers," the guard stated pointed to the chairs parallel to the window.

I sat and waited for about 5 minutes.

A man came out and picked up the phone while I was rummaging through my purse. I looked up and almost choked on my spit.

I quickly picked up the phone.

I kept staring at him. They really are twins, I mean I've seen twin before but with everything that's been happening. I couldn't believe it. It's uncanny.

"What do you want? They said my lawyer wanted to see me. I hadn't seen a lawyer in over 10 years." He said annoyed by my presence.

"Ricky?!" he rolled his eyes.

"Miss...surely you didn't come all the way to this fine establishment without knowing who you were visiting." He stated with a chuckle.

"Now, what do you want?" He asked again, getting impatient.

"Rico," I stated bold and clear.

His eyes widened and he leaned back and looked around the visitation area.

"Where'd you hear that name?" he asked.

I told him what's been going on and how I know that he's innocent.

"What happened? Why didn't you say anything to Stefano Marino? Why didn't you tell the truth? I drilled him with questions.

He deeply sighed.

"I knew the night he came to my house I already knew it was my twin. My twin and I have never gotten along and growing up we just went down different paths. I chose the honest hardworking life and he chose the criminal life. Yes, I worked for criminals although at the time I didn't know. There were little things here and there that made me suspicious but I was never involved in crime. Stefano paid me well enough to provide an excellent life for my family. Away from the troubles, that the New York streets bring. If it means anything Rico and I didn't have many choices in life. We grew up rough but something in me wanted more...wanted a better life." He stated as I nodded for him to go on.

"A couple of hours before Stefano visited me, my brother, Rico came to my house. He told me what he had done. He knew I had been working for the Marino family for years. Since we were twins he knew that I no one would suspect him having access to the house. That's why the guards never stopped him that day, they thought he was me.  He was going there to kill Stefano! I acted clueless when Stefano came over and I let him believe that I had no idea what was going on. Clearly, he didn't either. He wholeheartedly thought that I'd caught him killing the guy in his basement. I grew up in the streets and I may not be a criminal but I'm not a snitch either. In New York, you mind ya fucking business and keep it moving. " He spoke truthfully.

"But why? What did he have to gain from trying to kill Stefano?" I asked.

"At the time he was working with the Luciani's. They were going head to head with the Marino family during this time. The Mayor of New York at that time had some illegal dealings with the Luciani's. For payment, they wanted the Mayor to shake Stefano up. Any and everything he did they wanted cops at his door and full surveillance around his life. Stefano was a fearless man and never backed down from anyone. The Luciani's wanted to be at the top and the most feared family in the world. Unfortunately for them, although they had the Mayor they didn't have the City of New York. The City was behind Stefano and he was unstoppable. Rico told me the day he came to my house that if he did it. If he had killed Stefano. The Luciani's had promised to let him in the family and allow him to sit at the head side by side. He wanted that glamorous yet ruthless lifestyle, he was obsessed with it. He wanted the money and the women. He was always a greedy fuck!" He said in his thick New York accent.

"According to Lorenzo, back then they only accepted Italian's. How did he think he was going to get in?" I questioned.

Ricky chuckled.

"He wasn't... you see back then my brother was a gullible man. It didn't take much for him to believe a story." He said as I questioned his choice of words.

"Back then?"

"Has he changed?" I asked.

"Hmm...he came to visit me about a year or so ago. There wasn't much to be said considering he's the reason that I'm in this hell hole. I did notice his eyes. They were dark. He was dark. I felt an evil presence with him. He's not the same person I once knew. Although we're identical, the man who visited me, I'd never seen him before. I don't know who it was...but it wasn't Rico." I got chills hearing Ricky speak as he continued.

"Rico told me that he was going to get me out of here, and we were going to reign together. He wanted to create a new family. So, I guess that's where you came in with re-opening my case and whatnot. I guess he figured out the Luciani's were playing him for the fool that he is. At least that's what it seemed. When I asked about them he said that they would be handled. I'm pretty sure your Miami incident wasn't a coincidence. He strategically placed the Luciani's with your friends and he knew they would be killed." Ricky stated.

"Why haven't you told Stefano? You could have saved your life? He could have protected you!" I questioned.

"Rico maybe my brother and may want me to reign with him. But he's an evil son of a bitch and a manipulator. He threatened to kill my family if I told the truth and so did Stefano if I told the police that he killed that guy and dumped him in Central Park. I had no way out...so I stayed put for the sake of my family." I looked at him with sadness in my eyes.

"So, what's his plan now? Is he still going after Stefano?"

"I've been around crime families long enough to know. They only focus on people in power. Stefano is no good to him. He's no longer the King of the Marino Family. However, Lorenzo...that will be his target. If he takes him out...there will be no one to stop him from rising to the top. I'm pretty sure since it looks like Lorenzo killed the Luciani's, that's a signal for war. All of Luciani's former men will want revenge because they're loyal to the hand the feeds them. He just formed an army under everyone's nose." I sat there in shock. I quickly rose to my feet and ran out of the room.

"Watch your back!" he yelled as I sprinted out of there.

I had to get back to him. I had to warn him.

*********************************************************************************

What do you think is Rico's plan?

Will Chrissy get back in time?

Comment

Vote

Follow