vii.

- CHAPTER SIX -

- CHAPTER SIX -

ANXIETY

⌿⍀

There's a fire inside Abi. The heat stretches from her inner core and radiates to her outer core, exposing a sour expression on her face. The impulse in her takes control, her worst trait in times of impulse. Red is all she sees and all logic disperses into the air like evaporation. This is where the root of her nickname, The Self-Destructive Bomb' comes from.

"Abi seriously, you need to calm down!" Before the red-head could storm into the Zodiac's waiting (to cause havoc), the auburn-headed boy pulls her back, his arm clenches tightly around her thin, pale arm.

"How the hell am I supposed to calm down when I witnessed Orion making a deal with the devil! How am I supposed to calm down when we're in danger!" Her anger matches her tone, it's heavy, carrying a heave of fear with an evident tremble.

"I keep telling you that everything will be okay, we just need to trust Orion before we go off and make a stupid mistake. He's the creator of all of this Abi, he just wouldn't throw it away for a deal! You sure lose all your common sense when you get like this!" He finds being brutal and honest the only way to get through her layers of outrage but it's nothing but a fatal error.

She cocks out a cackle, finding his comments a pure disrespect to her nature, "so you're just calling me stupid now," she blinks at him, mouth agape in offence.

"Abi, you know I didn't-"

"Gabe, I'm going to find out what Orion is up to whether you like it or not! Something tells me things here aren't right. I'm a Zodiac for God's sake, my duty and trust are with the civilians of Earth, not some old man who hides secrets. Now leave me alone! Just go!" Her words are toneless as if the argument between them has deprived her of all sources of energy.

Gabe stares into her crystal blue eyes, trying desperately to find a hint of hesitation in them but she's stern and blunt, her eyes squinting at him reinforcing her stance. With a final sigh he leaves her in the hallow hallway of the Dome and heads into the Zodiac waiting room.

The moment Gabe departs, Abi rests against the wall, her breath suddenly coming back to her as she slouches over her body, trying to engulf as much air as possible. She hears the loud bounding of her heart, the organ as loud as a bomb and faster than lightning.

"What's gotten into you?"

A husky, deep voice interrupts Abi's panic attack and she does her best to disguise it. But her reddening face and flaring noses make it blatantly obvious. She looks up to find the owner of the voice, Shae and her eyebrows crease inwards at his arrival.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me," he snickers, trying his best to lighten the current irky mood but Abi doesn't crack a smile nor does her face lose it's fusha colour.