viii.

- CHAPTER SEVEN-

- CHAPTER SEVEN-

DAMAGE CONTROL

⌿⍀

It's awkward. Not even the purple haze that seeps through the nearly transparent curtain and hit the corners of the counter can ease the tension with its beauty. The native birds that sing, bringing harmonious melodies to the morning act as a mere ambience.

Ace frantically pours her gluten-free oats into a plain bowl, her hands so shaky the oat powder spills onto the side of the counter. She curses lowly to herself before reaching over to the blue cloth only for another hand to reach out, their two hands bumping into each other.

"O-oh, you go-"

"No, you go!"

Ace and Taylor stutter at the same time, the two uneasy about how to approach the other. Ace takes it upon herself to grab the cloth, ignoring the glare coming from Taylor's direction. The event of last night was humiliating, to say the least. It bought a heave of embarrassment to the Zodiacs. Ace and Taylor still yet to patch things up after their explosion.

"Thanks," she merely murmurs not caring if the Taurus hears her appreciation, a small inside of her hoping he doesn't. He doesn't deserve a thank you anyway is all she can think and her eyes watch her bandaged hand wipe the spilled oatmeal onto the ground, ignoring the bin that's no more than 10 inches away.

The two prepare their breakfast in silence, the silence so deafening it brings a high pressure, a tension so tight one's head could explode. Ace prepares her oatmeal with mixed berries on the side frantically, the result not so appetising but all she wants is to leave as soon as possible.

And Ace scurries off into her room, despite a clear rule that states no food in the rooms and with her departure, incomes the arrival of Sasha, the leader walking into the common room in a dishevelled state.

"Morn-in'....." His words are broken by a yawn, the leader clearly deprived of sleep, his purple bags under his blue eyes an evident give-away.

"How's the nose?" Taylor chuckles, eyeing the perky nose of Sasha's. A band-aid covers it with cotton balls stuffed in the nostrils and just like his baggy eyes the perimeter of his nose is purple with clear bruising.

"Crooked, think Shae broke it," Sasha snickers despite the lack of humour in it and he winces when he tries pinching the bridge of his nose, "he definitely did."

Taylor finds himself sparing a smile for the first time in a while, the small interaction between him and the Scorpio leaving a tender imprint on his heart. He lets out a breathy laugh, it's dry but Sasha gets its.