• Chapter 9 •

• Tyler •

My hand slid through my closet as I tried to figure out what to wear.
Hoodies; Blues, greys, blacks.

I moved my fingers across them again for probably the hundredth time today. I sighed, grabbing a hoodie from the blue section, not wanting to continue glaring at my clothes anymore. I traced the cotton fabric trying to figure out which hoodie it was. Plain, exactly what I wanted. A smile slipped its way into my face as I roughly pulled it on. I decided that I was just going to stay in my sweats, I didn't feel bothered to wrestle on jeans with my cast today.

I heard someone knock on the door before muffled voice made my ears perk up. Luca was here. I quickly threw open my bedroom door wheeling my way into the corridor. I heard Luca fumbling nervously at the door and it was clear my mother wasn't going easy on him with the questions.

But it wasn't only the two of them there. I could clearly make out Nysa chirpy voice gushing over the other boy's eyes. I had never thought about how Luca looked. The only thing I knew about his appearance was that he was shorter than me. I figured that out when he walked in on me curled up in the hallway, crying my eyes out. I mentally groaned at the thought. Stupid, pathetic, Tyler

I wheeled myself as fast as I could, not wanting to kill Luca from awkwardness.

Something I picked up from the first time I met him was that he wasn't the most talkative person ever. Neither am I, so it works out well and good.

"Mom, leave him alone!" I yelled as I came into view of the front door.

"I was just making conversation to nice young man," she said, in mock offence.

"Hi, T-Tyler." I heard Luca squeak nervously.

"Hi," I mumbled back, my nerves starting to act up. I didn't like talking to many people apart from my family. I'm socially awkward, what can I say.

"Tywer! Tywer! His eyes are so weird!" Nysa sang, running towards me. I could hear her bouncing up and down next to my wheelchair, clearly excited about the visitor.

I smiled at her. "That's not nice," I said, changing my expression into a slight disapproving frown.

"But they're so cool!" She squealed, giggling as she ran back to the front door. "How are your eyes so cool?"

"I-I uh, I don't know." He stuttered, clearly flustered at the comment. A small smile crept its way onto my face as I moved towards the three of them.

"We're leaving." I declared, waving at my mom and Nysa.

"Alright then, enjoy," my mom said, happily as she patted me on the back. "Do you need help getting into the car, Tyler?" My face immediately flushed with embarrassment. Way to go at making me look stupid, mom.

"I-I'll help him," Luca squeaked, surprising me. I didn't expect him to be the type of person who would speak unless it was absolutely necessary. I guess he realized that I was clearly embarrassed and decided to step in. Or so I hoped.

"Great." My mom said, clapping her hands together. "Bye, boys." And with that, she pushed me out of the house and shut the door behind me.

I heard Luca walk down the steps and I immediately felt guilty for being such a hindrance. "Um, I uh, need help getting down,"