Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

Jane's POV

It's been 2 years now since the attack at Starcourt Mall. Hawkins use to be a place filled with secrets and mystery, that was until the Mind Flayer decided to make its presence to the world. The battle was gruesome and deadly which is something I will never forget. The day that it happened was the day I lost my dad, Jim Hopper. I was completely devastated and overwhelmed with such immense pain that it took me weeks to recover from grief. My friends and I all lost something or someone that day, but as usual we knew how to fight the fight and move on with our lives. I read dad's letter to me everyday knowing that it will bring me peace, offer me hope and motivate myself to live the life that he and I have always wanted. I'm now living in England and own an apartment which is near a beautiful beach. I also have a part time job and working as a waitress over at a place called "Eggos Everything". My life is abliss right now and I enjoy being independent as well as being able to fend for myself. I still keep in touch with the gang back home, although Mike and I broke things off between us we still talk like old times which is good. However, Lucas and Max are hitting it off big time and are still going strong. Max called me with the details regarding her and Lucas going on their first date and it resulted in hearing her complain about not wanting to wear a dress - my response to this was just a shrug and told her to get over it. Dustin is the same old only now he's studying at college and applying the knowledge and skills that he has into engineering which I'm so proud of. Will on the other hand has decided to open up a new gaming club which of course Mike, Lucas and Dustin turn up to each week alongside some other new members. Joyce Byers, who is my new mum always rings in to see how I am which I'm so grateful for. After dad's death she took me in for a little bit and raised me. Honestly she is so great and the most generous woman I have ever met. She practically raised me as her own daughter and taught me to spell, cook, clean etc. Although I have developed my vocabulary I still speak using small phrases, it's just a habit of mine now ever since I was young. However, when I'm surrounded by the gang I usually express myself and feel like I can talk to them more often now. I still use my psychokinetic abilities usually when I'm bored, lazy or helping out an individual in public without anyone else noticing. I have gained control over the past few years through private training where my nose doesn't bleed anymore which I'm happy and ecstatic about now. 17 years old and I'm continuing to create a new life, develop new relationships and embrace this new adventure without having to deal with mystical creatures or fight off monsters that maybe lurking around. Or so I thought ...