Chapter 12 - The Lake

Jane's POV

After Ginny, Hermione and I chilled in Professor Dumbledore's living room we made our way back to the dorms.

I remember the conversation I had with Professor Dumbledore earlier before he told me Ginny and Hermione were waiting for me in his living room.

**************************************************Flashback**********************************************

"Have you made an attempt to talk to Ms Weasley about her experience with the diary yet?" Professor Dumbledore asked.

"I haven't gotten around to having an actual heart to heart conversation yet, so no" I responded back honestly.

"Any other leads so far?"

"No, he's probably laying really low. It's like the mindflayer when Will was possessed it only activated itself when he needed him. Probably the same thing with the Dark Lord, you have to find something that will activate him." I stated.

"Hmm... Good point, we have to trigger his weakness. The dark Lord has a higher advantage, we don't know who's face he's wearing or which wizard it is. But maybe if we could somehow reveal a part of who he is..." Professor Dumbledore said thinking.

"Maybe we can have another event like a what do you all call it a Triwizard's Tournament? Isn't like Voldermort power hungry or something" I said frowning at Professor Dumbledore.

"Even if we did have one he'll be careful not to expose himself in the wizard that he's possessing..."

"But he'll be sneaky and think up some evil plan to muck up the event. If you involve Harry again in the tournament it might interest the dark Lord." I suggested.

"I'll have to think about it, let's leave this idea for an alternative if you fail to find out who the dark Lord is during the party." Professor Dumbledore.

"Oh um about the party..." I smiled sheepishly at him.

"Jane...what did you do?" Professor Dumbledore gave me that warning like glare.

"I volunteered to be the DJ of the night." I answered getting up as fast as a cheetah to stand behind the couch with my hands in a protective stance in front of me.

"YOU ... DID ... WHAT?" Professor Dumbledore roared.

"Woah woah easy I have sensitive ears here" I said covering my ears.

Professor Dumbledore was storming over to me, but I was quickly trying to maneuver around the couch as he did so.

"Look it's not what you think, what's a party without a DJ who has good taste in music."

Professor Dumbledore stopped where he was, but still looked furious.

"Jane..." He said calmly, but I was holding on for dear life "You are not going to be the DJ end of story" he gave me this look that dared me not to challenge him.

"But..." I snapped back.

"...No but's" he demanded.

"Yeah that's for damn sure..." I mumbled and snorted.

"JANE!" Professor Dumbledore shouted.

"ALRIGHT! geez way to ruin my vibe." I grumbled as I dumped myself on the couch.