Chapter 10 - Slytherin Talk

Draco's POV

"I'm actually excited for the party aren't you?" Blaise nudged me.

"Hmm ... Oh yeah it'll be good for us to make things right" I stated reasonably.

Blaise rolled his eyes.

"Yeah and that, but we also get to you know ..." Blaise raised his eyebrows up and down with a dirty smirk on his face.

I raised an eyebrow at him knowing exactly what he was implying.

"Oh I know what you mean Blaise but if any girl would be stupid enough to get it on with you just let me know" I said winking at him.

"Not just any girl, besides I have my eye out for one girl and she's definitely not stupid" Blaise said thoughtfully.

At this, I gave him a curious look wanting to know who this girl was.

"Well who is she?" I asked.

Blaise turned to me with a knowing smirk.

"That's for me to know and you to figure out" he said smoothly.

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes at him.

"She must be really special if you're not willing to reveal who she is" I said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah she is ..." Blaise paused for a bit, gave me a look I couldn't comprehend and continued.

"She has the most gorgeous eyes, orbs of chocolate that make you want to stare in them all day. Her short brown wavy hair flowing as if they were in rhythm with the ocean." Blaise stopped there and was looking at me as if to study my reaction, but when he saw that I was still oblivious he continued on.

"She has a unique personality compared to the rest of the girls here at Hogwarts. One that radiates goodness, humour, joy and last of all" Blaise paused and gave me a smirk "she looves ruffling up my hair" he bursted out laughing.

I looked at him in complete horror and disdain. I knew exactly who he was talking about now and it made my insides churn wildly and my pupils dilate into nothing but pure darkness. I stared at Blaise with envy.

"Woah woah woah, calm down Draco I was just playing, I'm into Ginny. I promise." Blaise backed away from me with his hands up.

I stared at Blaise with shock and at that I relaxed a bit.

"You like Ginny?" I asked after my pupils went back to normal.

"Yeah, I've had a crush on her ever since the war ended" Blaise said smiling.

I studied Blaise's expression to see if he was telling the truth and when I saw that Blaise was serious, I was lost for words.

"Cat got your tongue? Who did you think I was talking about?" Blaise asked smirking at me knowingly.

"For one Ginny doesn't have "short brown wavy hair flowing as if they were in rhythm with the ocean" Blaise" I air quoted and said pointedly at him.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you're jealous" Blaise continued smirking.

"Jealous? Of you and Ginny" I chortled at this.

"Please, you and I both know who we are referring to" Blaise raising his eyebrows with an amusement look on his face.

"Ever since you saw her on that train you've never acted ..."

"Finish your words wisely" I interrupted him with a warning glare.

"... like a complete ferret and a total arse as Hermione would put it and don't even think about coming at me, because you know it's true" Blaise had his arms closed across his chest and was in a serious stance.